Steve Cohen Photo...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by NTB, Jan 8, 2008.

1. the number of permutations in life are finite when given a form of representation.

money is a deadend.

#11     Jan 8, 2008
  2. Envy? Boy I wished that I was in a position where I could begin to envy Steve A. Cohen. :D You might say that Steve and I, we move in different circles. But if you read what others who are in the position to envy Steve A. Cohen have had to say about the man, there is very little envy evident. What is more apparent is the scorn and contempt. They despise the man. With all his money, one wonders why Steve A. Cohen is not more loved. When even an equity salesman feels that he cannot kiss up to a major account like SAC, it says a lot about the kind of people who run around that group.

#12     Jan 8, 2008
  3. You see the discussion is not about his returns but about how he gets those returns. If I slip roofies to nubile yound women and then fuck/rape them, does that make me a stud?

#13     Jan 8, 2008
  4. I'll reiterate. Gruntal is sh*t. To do as well as he did at Gruntal requires a Herculean effort. To *legally* hit 40% on billions after mid-40% fees is similarly-Herculean. How many of us talk our book on a daily basis? Perhaps you're pissed because nobody will listen?

Now, more importantly, where can I score some rohypnol?

#14     Jan 8, 2008

5. do you know how closely scrutinized SAC is on a daily basis?

it is improbable for him to get away with shenanigans for this length of time, given the spotlight of groups who search endlessly for any excuse to bring him down....

surf

#15     Jan 8, 2008
  6. I heard Timmay was selling it on the side to supplement book sale income, but we all kinda ran him off...so good luck finding it anywhere around these parts.

#16     Jan 8, 2008
  7. Ummm... perhaps because that's basic human nature, and always has been?

<i>"No love for the rich!"</i>
    ~Method Man

#17     Jan 8, 2008
  8. damn, I love Francis Bacon's art, didn't realize it was THAT expensive.
    It would be nice if the mods could put in a function to auto ignore anyone who joined after aug 07.

#18     Jan 8, 2008
  9. He's a great trader.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes through a chunk of his money buying art on what turns out to be the tulip top. One will see certain works lose 95% of their value. Does any one think a Steve Wynn is going to be buying more with his stock down 40% in just over two months?

The emerging art collapse will be the ugliest train wreck of this generations bloodbath.

#19     Jan 8, 2008
  10. I've been thinking that about the art world for years. Someday someone is going to wake up and say---its a FREAKING picture. But they keep going up in value. Look at Rothko, basically 2 or 3 huge blotches of color and they go for millions.

#20     Jan 8, 2008