Steve Cohen Closing Fund August 1st

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Jul 27, 2011.

1. bone

bone

Free speech, eh? Why is Canada prosecuting Mark Steyn?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2008/06/13/f-rfa-macdonald.html

'Deafening silence in Canada'

A New York Times reporter has been covering the B.C. tribunal, and filed a front-page story recently. The version on its website carried this headline: "Unlike Others, U.S. Defends Freedom to Offend in Speech."

#11     Jul 27, 2011
  2. What has this to do with our exchange regarding Soros? Bone, I think you should seek help immediately. Your dozen or so remaining neurons depend on it.

#12     Jul 27, 2011
  3. bone

bone

It means that your prejudice has blinded you from acknowledging a simple truth reported directly by George Soros to the Washington Post - namely, that he doesn't like the pending regulations surrounding his investment activities so he's closing himself off to outside investors. It's just that simple. It is what it is. Legal ? Yes. Logical ? Perhaps. Hypocritical to the extreme given his political views and support for increased regulations ? Yes.

#13     Jul 27, 2011
  4. Bone, you're just a mindless partisan hack. Let's hope for your clients' sake that you are capable of somewhat more discernment in the financial markets, although that's not a bet I would readily take.

#14     Jul 27, 2011
  5. emg

emg

cohen may open a HFT firm along with others former hedge funds managers

#15     Jul 27, 2011
  6. clacy

clacy

And you're not? Please, I've read your posts.

Also, Bone is correct that Soros is the master-hypocrite. He is the epitome of capitalism and soaks it for everything it's worth, and then backs ideology that would end capitalism.

Just as Bone said, Soros, in typical liberal fahsion is just another "Do as I say, not as I do" type guy....

There are many more, including the enormous list of US Democrats that constantly push higher tax rates and then fail to pay their own taxes.

#16     Jul 27, 2011
  7. Not anywhere near the same caliber. Yes, I am generally liberal and left of center. However, I am capable of reason and a modicum of logic. The Rightsters here, among which Bone is one, have amply demonstrated that they are mindless drones. To place me in the same category, albeit on the other side, merely places you squarly in their camp. Enjoy the cool refreshments.

#17     Jul 27, 2011
  8. clacy

clacy

Yes, obviously you do not consider yourself to be a partisan hack. Only those that are on the opposite side think so. That is of course the case for myself as well. I consider myself to be a little right of "center-right", but most liberals would scream bloody murder that I'm a right-wing militia member.

Quote from Gabfly1:

Not quite. Liberal women demonstrably prefer intelligent and capable leaders, regardless or gender. That's why you don't see a liberal equivalent of the Palin/Bachmann/O'Donnell troika.

#18     Jul 27, 2011
  9. If you were anywhere near even-handed, you would have also quoted the post to which I had replied, for context. But that wouldn't be sufficiently self-serving, would it?

#19     Jul 27, 2011
  10. jem

jem

soros agitates adn spends money on the idea of more centralized control and planned economic activity, except when it comes to him.

soros moves his funds offshore then closes them as taxes and regulations catch up with him.

It like another big liberal bono and U2 moving he bands headquarters to avoid irish taxes.

You push for bigger more expensive govt and then you move out to avoid the taxes and regulation of the bigger govt you agitate for?

#20     Jul 27, 2011