Steroid/Cortisone Shots

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cassie, Dec 20, 2010.

1. christ your a mess

#21     Dec 22, 2010
  2. Unless you a professional athlete getting paiD $30K a game to play injured, it probably won't help you much.

#22     Dec 22, 2010
  3. I dislocated my kneecap twice back in 1986. Still feel it once in a while. Leg extensions, on a machine, made a huge difference.
    Extensions, not squats. 25 years ago, only pro athletes had ligament/tendon repair, for the most part.

#23     Dec 22, 2010
  4. Cassie

Cassie

Very interesting! I will give it a shot. I am also trying infrared light therapy as well. My mom bought it for me. It uses light with heat to the desired area for healing. I haven't used it long enough to see if it actually works. (I am willing to try anything with the pain I have.) I also noticed it also makes a slight noise- it's very similar to the link you provided. I wonder if they meant to do that or it's just the machine? Anyways, thanks for the tip!

#24     Dec 23, 2010
  5. Cassie

Cassie

It hasn't. Today I can walk on it again, but the pain is no better, if anything still a little worse.

Davidmaria1- I am going to start some stretching/physical therapy when I can actually tolerate it...

Thanks everyone for the tips!

#25     Dec 23, 2010
  6. this thread reminds me once again of the question, why are topical NSAID's common in europe but very hard to find in the US?

i'd look for an OTC gel/cream in an online european pharmacy

#26     Dec 23, 2010
  7. I know there is a prescription product, but I forgot the name.

#27     Dec 23, 2010
  8. go have a great lunch @IHop..you feel better :p

#28     Dec 23, 2010