Stern: "Laker's a lock"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, May 26, 2004.

1. le140

le140

I feel sorry for the fans who take nba so seriously. It's a well organized WWF and nothing more. At least the WWF purposely made it that way. Basketball is a beautiful sport to watch, but it cannot be called fairly by the refs especially if the nba has a product to promote and that product is its players.

Name me another professional sports where the refs have to do make up calls ?

Is there another professional sports where a rookie has to earn his respect to get the calls? or the commentators kept saying it's the worst called he has seen ? and this happened nite after nite. Sometimes I wonder, are the refs and the commentators watching the same game?

So please, stop making the nba like it's a serious sport, it's more of the same WWF where the championship team is already known in advance.

#51     Jun 2, 2004
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

Probably the guy that got cut in JV ............:D

but i have to agree they have alot of control over a game; I mean they are on top of the action in a game that hands out fouls....they can most definitely shift a game or maybe even a series; although a series would be 100 times harder...

#52     Jun 2, 2004
  3. I must admit...it's frustrating to see guys like Karl Malone stand 6'10 260 and biceps the size of my head get ticky tack fouls....

interesting aspect of this series will be that Shaq will guard Ben....who has absolutely no offense....shaq will basically stay in the middle and swat shots and clog it up....unless ben get's a few lucky jumpers strung together

#53     Jun 3, 2004