Stern: "Laker's a lock"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, May 26, 2004.

1. You must've forgotten the truly mediocre "twin tower" Knick teams of the early '80's led by Cartwright and Marvin "the Human Eraser" Webster. In his prime, Mr. Bill was middling at best.

#41     Jun 2, 2004
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

exactly;

too bad the game aint played on paper...its played on the court and im telling you i think Wallace, while giving up height and of course weight, is going to challenge the Shaq-fu.....

dont get me wrong boys and my2cents ...I know the Lakers should win, but i feel like the pistons will win....cmon pistonssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

#42     Jun 2, 2004
  3. exactly...that was at a time when teams actually had centers....Parrish in Boston, Artis Gilmore, Jabbar, Jack Sikma, heck even Darrel Dawkins would torch every center in the East..Picture Mr. Bill posting up the current eastern conference centers for six games each year? ..As for Wallace....Please spare me the best defensive player AAA....He plays against NOBODY....Would he have made the all star game if Zo Mourning hadn't of gotten bad kidneys??? I don't think so...I like his hustle and attitude, but if he played in the west he'd be nobody, just another role player

#43     Jun 2, 2004
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

yes...i think so...Mourning was yellow all the way thru... This coming from a die heart HEAT fan.....

#44     Jun 2, 2004
  5. Chocolate Thunder was nasty.

#45     Jun 2, 2004
  6. Darrell Dawkins - one of the original NBA bad boys....

#46     Jun 2, 2004

7. come on man!!!! LOL,....I hate the heat, but mourning was a MUCH better defensive player and a MUCH MUCH better Offensive player.....Zo was a shot blocking machine iand altered and affected many shots even when he didn't deflect them

#47     Jun 2, 2004
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

you seem to forget that wanting to win and talent are 2 different things... Mourning was a yellow belly sap sucker; even ole Pat with his bum knees used ZO like a lil toy.......

#48     Jun 2, 2004
  9. LOL. I miss those series.....still.....ben cannot hold a candle to either one...

#49     Jun 2, 2004
  10. TM,

Mourning was a great player, no question, and more skilled than Ben. Ben is not really a center, he's more of a middle linebacker moving to the ball. He is a rebounding machine and one of the leading shot blockers every year.

He is the kind of player that can make your team, if the coach can figure out how to use him. I still laugh when I remember how the sorry-ass Wizards let him go and paid Juwan Howard a $100mill contract. Of course they are the same team who traded headcase Rasheed Wallace for worse headcase Rod Strickland, CWebb for a used up Mitch Richmond and Rip Hamilton for Jerry Stackhouse, then reupped Stack for two years before learning he had a bum knee. There's a reason the same teams are in the lottery every year.

#50     Jun 2, 2004