Stern: "Laker's a lock"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, May 26, 2004.

1. The Wolves were not healthy, had never been at that level before, and it took the Lakers 6 games?

Weak....

#21     Jun 1, 2004
  2. Turok

Turok

ART:
    Weak....

One must only be stronger than the foe.

JB

#22     Jun 1, 2004

3. 6 games against the team with the best record in the NBA? and the leagues MVP?? and with Kobe twice going to trial the day of games?? and with two old men like malone and Payton?? I'd say it was pretty impressive..

#23     Jun 1, 2004
  4. As I recall, Sam Cassell was around for the best record in the league this year.

Sam was very important, as he had won 2 championships with the Rockets. Having won provides a confidence that never having won can't.

This is not an excuse for losing, but a fact. We have all seen what an injured player looks like (Chris Webber) and how that impacts a team.

To lose your point guard in a series like this was devastating for the Wolves. I give them a lot of credit for taking it to 6 games.

#24     Jun 1, 2004

5. ...could have sworn they had home court advantage as well.....and they didn't get it to seven games???

....let me get this strait again: the T-Wolves have home court, the best record, the mvp, a couple of 7 footers, Kobe Bryant running from airports to make the game in time due to a rape trial and Shaq goes 7 for 20 from the line...they lose in six ......and your impressed?...by what? every team has to have players stand up....what did Kareem Rush do last night?

let's face it....It is a total joke that Shaq is not the MVP every year....Put Shaq on any team and they become the favorite to win....hes the most dominate player in the league

#25     Jun 1, 2004
  6. "Fear the 'Fro."

#26     Jun 1, 2004
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

#27     Jun 2, 2004
  8. I suppose now everyone will start saying the pistons will beat the lakers....Please.....Don;t start with the Ben Wallace crap either...this is a western conf. team with a real center....this isn't Andrew DeClerq or Jermaine O'Neill....this is a bona fide center he will have to face every other night....

#28     Jun 2, 2004
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

believe me my first pick would always be the Shaq-Fu for his total dominance of the paint....but im going with a heart call which the lakers lack at times....this isnt just another series this is the BIG SHOWDOWN; I think they match up great with the lakers.

#29     Jun 2, 2004

10. Yes 6"10 centers with no offense always give Shaq a hard time :p ...I see Kobe on Rip and payton on Billups.....lakers in 5

#30     Jun 2, 2004