Stern: "Laker's a lock"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, May 26, 2004.

1. I guess we have been watching different games. I saw KG basically get body slammed every time he went in the lane, no calls. Kobe shoots a jumper, if Hassel is even close, automatic foul. And don't even get me started on shaq's clearout move in the lane at both ends. Basically the ref's have turned what could have been a great series into a farce, a total embarrassment for a league that can produce plenty of embarrassment on its own without their help. At least the WWE is entertaining. This is just unwatchable.

#11     May 28, 2004
  2. VOLUME

VOLUME

"only when its close ...... can the ref swing games"

Completely false. The refs can take a player out of the game right from the start....just call two chippy fouls early on and it completely changes the whole game.

It happened in the Gonzaga-Nevada tournament game. Turiaf was called for two phantom fouls in the first 90 seconds. He had to sit for 15 minutes...and then got called for another phantom foul before the first half ended.

He was a non factor...and Gonzaga got hammered.

#12     May 28, 2004

3. I've got my fingers crossed!

#13     May 28, 2004
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

yes you are correct....but if the team they dont want to win has a 20 point lead it is much tougher...but yes ODOM was a victim of this same scenerio ( tic-tac fouls )

#14     May 28, 2004
  5. Watching the unwatchable league that has become the NBA, I long for the good old days, when the greatest basketball player who ever lived ran with the Bulls.....

Gary Payton at his peak vs. Jordan
    (You can see how concerned MJ is about "The Glove.")

[​IMG]

One of the finest shot blockers in NBA history cowers:

[​IMG]

Another great shot blocker, David Robinson, can only watch...

[​IMG]

Jordan stuffs Sir Charles:

[​IMG]

Penny Hardaway runs for cover:

[​IMG]

A pre-steroid Shaq (notice how skinny) can do nothing:

[​IMG]

Did anyone ever wonder which MJ would show up, or which Bulls team would show up?

Did we see MJ disappear for an entire half at a time like Kobe?

Ahh, the good old days, when the NBA was worth watching....

http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/smith_sam/1509913.html

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...12941&perpage=6&highlight=payton&pagenumber=1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So very much more than a paycheck.....

[​IMG]

#15     May 31, 2004
  6. LAKERSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Da Boyz did it. Again.

#16     May 31, 2004
  7. I'm gonna puke. Now I'm hoping the Pistons make it out of the East, because the broken-down Pacers would lose in 4. At least the Pistons will give the Lakers some difficulty.

#17     Jun 1, 2004
  8. I have to laugh at the MJ dialogue....I remember when he was winning all those championship every one was complaining how they missed the Bird -magic rivalry.....BTW it was so annoying to watch Jordan in his hay day get call after call in the 4th Q of every game....if you breathed on him with 2 minutes to go he went to the foul line...Detroit has NO chance....maybe they can steal a game, but Wallace has never had to go head to head with a bigger man night after night

#18     Jun 1, 2004
  9. Lakers in six, what a surprise.

#19     Jun 1, 2004
  10. lakers are a better team....hands down....T-wolves just blew their chance...cassell and spree are another year older and the cap is going to hamper them

#20     Jun 1, 2004