Sterling Trader Pro & Esignal

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by londonkid, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Magellan

Magellan

Is Lightspeed collocated?

Is Direct Market Access the same as being collocated.

Thanks for your help.

Magellan

#11     Mar 27, 2012
  2. direct market access is not the same as being collocated; you can have dma without being collocated.

i'm not sure if lightspeed is collocated, but their website highlights the fact that they were rated by barrons 2012, which was a completely inconsistent assessment of big names in the brokerage industry; it does not actually indicate anything.

#12     Mar 27, 2012
  3. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

To clarify, we have direct feeds from the exchanges with dedicated circuits. We don't use third party data feeds; we strictly manage and disseminate our own feed network.

#13     Mar 30, 2012
  4. interesting, i did not know that. thanks for the info!

#14     Mar 30, 2012
  5. hmm, but actually, that still means you're not collocated, although a direct feed may have the same low latency as collocation?

#15     Mar 30, 2012
  6. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

There is a handful of milliseconds different between collocation and dedicated circuits. It really depends on the trader's needs. Algo trading needs to minimize latency to a sub-millisecond level, and eSignal's not a solution to fill that need as it delivers data over the Internet.

We do have a co-located service (Interactive Data 7ticks) for ultra-low latency trading, but this is different from eSignal.

#16     Mar 30, 2012
  7. Can you get me some more info on this? We have a couple of new groups that are in need of lower latency, and are thinking there may be an alternative to FIX connections.

PM me please. As you may be aware, we have quite a number of eSignal users at Bright.

Don

#17     Apr 1, 2012
  8. IcyTrade

IcyTrade

interesting discussion.

#18     Apr 1, 2012
  9. Aok

Aok

When you say "scalp" what "timeframe" are you looking to trade?

Do you need algo support? Co-location?

#19     Apr 2, 2012