Sterling Pro

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by brenden, Aug 17, 2011.

1. noone3

noone3

Been using sterling for the last 4 years.
    The reasons why i think that this month was their WORST ever:
    - they have been doing software updates which still in 2011 cannot take high volume conditions! The enhancements are useless compared to the opportunity cost that we incur when volume spikes up just a bit!
    - they have had tough times in 2008 so they should have known better...3 years have gone by...technology cannot wait!
    - I think they have a low-cost strategy. which means that all they want is a software that operates OK during "normal" conditions, aka lunch time and summer months. But WHO needs that only? I dont know about the rest of you but my bread and butter is HIGH volume and HIGH volatility moves! sterling doesnt allow me to trade those lately...

If it wasn't for compliance and BP reasons, I would have changed providers last week!

#11     Aug 17, 2011
  2. brenden

brenden

laser is solid as a rock also
    i have friends trading laser and absolutely no lag
    sterling has no fix and no real tech for the spikes in volume and volatility.
    saturated system, its becoming an etrade of prop.
    better have own personal software or go with the titans like laser, blackwood...

glta

#12     Aug 17, 2011
  3. Hello, how do you switch servers on Sterlingtrader Pro?

#13     Aug 19, 2011
  4. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

If you have the newest version of Sterling Pro, when you sign in the server auto balances the load. You can't do it.

#14     Aug 19, 2011
  5. Thats what I thought. Thanks

#15     Aug 19, 2011
  6. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

I know it's very frustrating when your tools that you depend on for trading don't work well at the time when you need them most. It is possible this is not a Sterling issue. The slow feeds can come from the exchanges, the data provider or the platform, or your connection.

Have you spoken to traders on other platform to see if they see slowness? My guess is they have.

#16     Aug 19, 2011
  7. Yes, its been a tough week on most systems I think. Have a group of traders and we all use Esignal and it froze this week in a few high volume spikes which is a first for Esignal on my end.

#17     Aug 19, 2011
  8. noone3

noone3

9. i think sterling + e-signal is a great execution/charting combo. Laser sucks.

#19     Aug 22, 2011
  10. cubecode

cubecode

Which one do you use Evo? Also, what firm are you going through? I do see you a lot hanging around here. :D

#20     Sep 27, 2011