Sterling Pro

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by brenden, Aug 17, 2011.

1. brenden

brenden

who uses sterling here?
    wasnt the last 2 weeks the worst ever, ever ever...ever ever??

2. dealmaker

dealmaker

I have seen this happen on Redi to a lesser extent in 08, 09 period however, there are a lot more HFNs around now. Admitedly my SterlingPro even jammed on me today right when Sarkozy/Merkel press conference started. All in all, I am pretty happy with SterlingPro i.e. I don't think there was a platform that did not experience problems August 3rd onwards.

3. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

What is happening on Sterling during busy trading?

4. JamesL

JamesL

Too many firms using the same hosted Sterling servers. Some firms host their own and don't have as severe a connection issue (would like to hear if Echo had issues past couple of days since they host their own Sterling servers), but if you are on one of the many vanilla prop shops then you are going to have these issues, especially those Title cleared firms.

5. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

I'm not sure if that issue is unique to Sterling. Even when I was a GSEC client using RediPlus, there were delays during high volume. Thanks for the reply.

6. niccia

niccia

Sterling sucked the last couple weeks yes, at the worst times possible. Nothing new from 2008 though.

The newest version lets you switch servers manually. Helped a bit but many times none of them worked.

7. been a nightmare, i have about 10 traders in my office, we are all looking for alternatives. Tech support knows about as much as a monkey with a dartboard.

Sterling take note.

8. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

If you'd like, send me an e-mail with a description of your firm, the way you trade and what you trade, where you are now and monthly volumes and I'll see if I can come up with some alternatives.

Bob
    rmorse@victorsecurities.com

9. you should try out das trader. they have excellent tech support! they're pretty dedicated, they fix problems instead of hoping they'll go away

10. DAS|Pro is a professional trading platform with advanced order types, basket trading, charting, and multi-account management in a real-time environment. DAS|Pro combines powerful features such as advanced analytics, multi-instrument trading and portfolio management into a single trading platform. It also offers simple and intuitive market data and order entry panels, real-time streaming news and a customizable user interface.

Our servers are co-located at NASDAQ and NYSE giving us sub millisecond execution and we a team of dedicated support staff we provide our broker/dealer clients 24hour a day/7day a week support.

http://www.dastrader.com/products.html

if interested in a demo account send an email to: demian@dastrader.com

#10     Aug 17, 2011