Sterling or Lightspeed for equites pairs trading?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ggreggerh, Oct 8, 2011.

1. I was curious to know if anyone knew which platform would be better for equities pair/spread trading (possibly for day trading) - Sterling or Lightspeed. Are there any 3rd party add on programs to combine with either of these 2 platforms? I would really like to have-

1. Trailing stop loss
    2. Stops and limits
    3. Auto calculation of each side based on predetermined $ amount - say I want $5000 for each leg the software would automatically calculate the shares to buy

Is there any way to do this with with these two platforms?

I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks

2. ASE1245

ASE1245

Knight Direct has an excellent pairs trader. I can get you more information if you PM me.

3. tradelink is open source aka and supports both sterling and lightspeed, as well as pairs setups.

google tradelink project or tradelink.org for more info

4. O'Leary

O'Leary

While you can’t do everything the OP originally requested natively in Lightspeed Trader, Lightspeed also offers Real Tick for its institutional client base and certain other clients. The Real Tick platform can accommodate most of what’s been requested.

On the subject of stops, Real Tick currently handles those on single legs. Pair orders can be defined with either a dollar or share amount and can be entered via an automated script which allows for bulk order entry.

If the OP, or any others are interested in more information on this, Andrew Wallin, of Lightspeed, awallin@lightspeed.com is a good contact to speak with.