Sterling Firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ca98am79, May 17, 2008.

1. ca98am79

ca98am79

I am looking for a list of prop firms that use the Sterling Trader platform - is there such a list? If not, let's make one.

Thanks!

2. rhamos

rhamos

WTS and Golden to start...

3. You'd be much better off looking for firms that DON'T use that junk software.

4. nitro

nitro

Merrill Lynch is the obvious one.

nitro

5. i wouldn't spit on sterling software. remember you see a lot of sterling users on et as 99% of them are prop and most are out of canada with title and don't have a lot of choice. i've used almost every platfrom out there today and all were pretty good except sterling

6. I don't know why so many people hate Sterling. I did have one problem 2 years ago with bad data, but (knock on wood) it's been fine since. Maybe it sucks for quick scalping or something. My strategy may be on bigger time frames than the traders who don't like it.
    So it works for me , but generally I'm in positions for a few hours, building into them. Not quick scalps normally.

I'm with www.echotradeonline.com and give them an A+ rating. You do need a Series 7.

7. Why do you say that? Because I am scalping with this software and I am trying to figure out if there is any pitfalls waiting to kill me.

8. uptick bingo. any software is good for 1-4 hr scalps. but for fast scalping its horrid period. for instance if i want to rapid fire 10 limits orders in a row without pulling up a order box each time i can't do that with sterling. plus i was directly threw sterling servers and there fills were horrible on fast stocks with market orders. sometimes the orders would hang up for 15-20 seconds which is not acceptable. anyway if you're happy thats all that matters. again sterling might be ok for traders going using it threw echo as they use there own data i believe. anyway i just didn't like the software

9. Oh ok cool. Thanks a lot. I am going thru echo and I dont see those problems. Only the smart swipe orders hang for a couple of seconds like u mentioned. I mean it hangs before even going thru to the exchanges. So I dont use that order type. Other than that its fine...so far.

10. do you know the max # of messages / sec w/ that software?

#10     May 18, 2008