sterling destinations

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by tredar, May 27, 2009.

1. tredar

tredar

i moved to a sub of wts and have the following destinations i'm unsure what they are. I know its different for every firm, but if anyone can clear this up or take a stab, that would be great:

xfinder
    axfinder
    wts
    suroux
    asroux
    nixdark

other ones like batsaliq i get, but these not sure of except maybe xfinder = cds cross finder, but then axfinder...dunno

2. bespoke

bespoke

XFINDER (Credit-Suisse)
    Seeks liquidity up to your limit while scanning and scraping 40+ dark venues and IOI
    destinations

AXFINDER (Credit-Suisse)
    Seeks liquidity up to your limit while scanning and scraping 40+ dark venues and IOI
    destinations as well as visible market centers

SUROUT (Direct Edge) Super Agressive Uncross: EDGX Book -> ELPs -> Street

ASUROUX (Direct Edge) Super Agressive Uncross: EDGA Book -> Street

NIXDARK (Millenium) Millenium Dark Pool

3. bespoke,

you may also know about CTDL, STRIKE and WTS own custom route? can't find any info on either of them.

4. tredar

tredar

ditto that.

i mean one of their partners was associated with trac ecn before, so its not out of the question they have this 'wts' route. just pointing that out before someone hops on here calling it a scam.

i'd also like to know what those routes are all about, hopefully someone from wts jumps on before this thread gets blown up/sidetracked by some poster

5. okey got some info myself.

..CTDL is some sort of MM or something, 6$ per 1000 shares I think - mostly used for retail traders.

STRIKE is some sort of stealth scanner - it bids and takes offers below your limit and is 5$ per 1000 - it doesn't post bid/ask ever.

WTS own route is smart route meaning it goes to diff DLPs and will give you price improvement most of time (or so they claim) - its actually little more complicated than that - but those to whom it is accessible should also have access to the info.
    Anyway, it's only worth to ADD with it, it doesn't pay to REMOVE (0.22/100 ADD but 0.3/100 remove).

Anyone who has experience with STRIKE or has more info -- I'd love to hear.

6. Would be interesting to see a 3rd party report of WTS "own route" fills. Seeing as nothing much is actually .003, its not a bad idea if you have a huge prop firm to tell people to use your in house route and shave a tenth on every share.

7. What kind of company is WTS (world trade securities) that you need to go on public forum to ask about their own routes? Most managers at reputable companies could provide that info in less than 5 mins. Don Bright could do it in 2 min. And who cares what destinations you use, as it has been proven before on this board if you are making some money WTS will put a computer to front run your orders. So don't worry about any gateways for now or ever.

8. xian

xian

I'd like to join to the plot and ask for the rest of destinations.

Could someone explain:

ARCA=
    ARCAALO
    ARCAPOP
    ARDOX
    AROUZ
    ASRDOT
    ASROUT
    ASROUX
    ASURDOX
    ASUROUT
    ASUROUX
    BATSALIQ
    BATSARCA
    BATSCINX
    BATSDS
    BATSNSDQ
    BATSONLY
    BATSWEEP
    GETCO
    NIX
    NSDQBX
    NSDQSTGY
    ROUZ
    TRAC
    TRIM

I'd be thankful for any info about these destinations

9. When I used Sterling I would call them directly for tech help and they would actually talk to me. This was a little while back so I am not sure if they are still doing that but it's worth a shot. They can probably send you a list of what each one means.

10. How can you "prove" that they do that? Isn't it illegal to front run in front of your customers orders? Please pardon my ignorance of the facts) It just seems like a wildly crazy thing for any reputable firm to do. Wouldn't every customer get up and quit if the truth came up?

#10     Jul 20, 2009