Sterling DDE excel crash

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Dustin, Jun 9, 2011.

1. 1strader

1strader

I've been using Sterling with Stealth Alerts and it works great. They are a great stock screening platform that links to Sterling Trader and Lightspeed. They told me they are building out a fully automated module that executes through multiple platforms. Their site is www.stealthalerts.com

#11     Jul 21, 2011
  2. Hi again Elvis :)

1. If I have a sheet of let's say 800 symbols and with 3 RTD links each, for example last price, bid price and ask price, it takes about 4 mins to get this sheet up and running. That means Excel "freezes" until everything is loaded. As soon as it is loaded it seems to be running OK.

2. If I close this sheet and open the it later, it does not reload. I have to quit excel to get the same sheet uploading again. If I don't quit Excel it seems to use the cache/memory.

Pasternak

#12     Jul 22, 2011
  3. Hi. Sorry for the late reply. I'm not sure what could cause these problems, you could review your Excel setup first for all your settings related to external links, security settings etc.

The next thing you could do is call Sterling support. They always try to be helpful but I got the impression that they're not too keen in encouraging people to use Excel with the API, rather than VB. I wish they had some docs, even if minimal, for RTD formulas, since they provide a setup for it.

Elvis

#13     Jul 29, 2011