Sterling API question

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by GHJK, Apr 12, 2011.

1. “I asked one of my engineers, and he asked me to talk to you about your hardware configuration. For instance, are the computers exactly the same? If one of the computers has a different motherboard, it’s possible it has different bus speeds to the network card, or some other type of system disparity between the two computers.

You may also want to attempt some system profiling of each machine – for instance, how much processor and memory are being used prior to using Sterling on each machine? Is there a difference between how much processor and memory are being used by Sterling on each machine during the order submission problem?

It’s going to be very tough to solve a problem like this on a message board, as there are a number of variable here with regards to your specific setup. There’s no real way for someone to give an appropriate response about why the two systems are performing differently without having access to both and running a number of tests as outlined above to help establish a performance baseline and attempt to figure out why the performance is different on each system”

#11     May 3, 2011