Sterling API question

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by GHJK, Apr 12, 2011.

1. GHJK

GHJK

I have (2) copies of the program

Computer1 ---> when it runs the program it pounds out about 100 orders in ~ 4 to 5 seconds

Computer2 ---> when it runs the program it pounds out about 100 orders in ~ 20 seconds

Both computers are using the same account
    Both computers have the same RAM processor speed etc.

I have removed all firewalls.

What could be the problem????

2. Sometimes when you have a lot of pending orders in the account, it takes longer to accept every additional order you enter. So if you use computer 1 to enter say 1000 orders, and then you use computer 2 to enter another 1000 orders in the same account, you will notice that the first 1000 orders went in faster than the second 1000 orders.

3. GHJK

GHJK

all orders are cleared

4. How is each computer connected to the internet?

5. Same network connection? Same NIC cards? What kind of program is it (VBA in Excel or C++ or ?)

6. Edit: Also, are you connecting to the same server IPs on each?

7. GHJK

GHJK

same internet connection.

VB.net

8. Same Sterling servers? (not trying to beat a dead horse, but I think could make a difference)

You might put together a test case which sends a bunch of limit orders away from the market and cancels them. I remember reading somewhere that some servers had a limitation of 25 orders per second or thereabouts.

9. The IP Address mentioned above & the port # on the server should be checked. The second system may be using a port that has more traffic coming in.

10. GHJK

GHJK

I have the same account / IP Address / Port number

Computer 1 -------------> Orders go out FAST!!!
    Computer 2 ------------> Orders go out SLOW!!!

I even tried this one 2 other computers and on those computers orders go out slow.

So frustrating!!!!

#10     May 2, 2011