Sterling API Developer Thread

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mnx, Apr 25, 2008.

1. There is no DLL interface, so we can't, we're stuck to COM.

#41     Apr 28, 2008
  2. Any idea if a later version of .net might fix this?

#42     Apr 28, 2008
  3. bespoke

bespoke

Can't we call directly from the DLL instead of the TLB library thing?

#43     Apr 28, 2008
  4. What DLL do you mean ?

#44     Apr 28, 2008
  5. ers811

ers811

Anybody else having trouble logging on to their demo account? There is just some stuff that I don't like to test on a live accout, and it's been a few weeks since I've been able to log in.

I don't get a pasword rejected or account expired message -- it simply waits 10 seconds (after typing password) and times out. If I change the server info I get a different "cannot connect" error, so I kow it's connecting to the server and timing out. It only asks for a password if I have the correct server info.

This happened about a month ago, I sent an email, and it just started working again. Never got a response, just assumed something was turned off. I must have gotten a different guy, because this time I got a few replies, he wasn't sure, and just stopped responding.

Man I would REALLY like to test some new stuff...

:(

#45     Apr 29, 2008
  6. I'm pretty sure demo accounts expire after a few days.

#46     Apr 29, 2008
  7. ers811

ers811

It's not giving me the "login expired" message that I usually get right away. It waits 10 seconds and gives a "connection timed out" message.

I got a response that said everything looked good, and he wasn't sure. Said the account was active.

Apparently this problem was assigned to a different guy, because the first time it happened it was fixed the next day. I still haven't changed anything, and it's the same story on mulitple computers.

????

#47     Apr 29, 2008
  8. I don't think Demo accounts are really a priority for them, or any firm. Are you just emailing them are have you tried calling them?

#48     Apr 29, 2008
  9. mnx

mnx

I take it that all messages in the API use the same queue?

Reason I ask is that I had a program running with queued up quotes and another program running which re-sent orders when cancels came in, but it wasn't re-sending any orders at all. (because I had oodles of backed up quotes at the time).

Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

- mnx

#49     Apr 30, 2008
  10. ers811

ers811

I don't *think* so, since STIEvents.GetQueueCount() and STIQuote.GetQueueCount() have different values simultaneously. They don't seem to point to the same queue.

I wouldn't doubt that the sheer volume of messages prevents anything else from getting through though. I haven't used those quotes for quite a while.

Here's a question Sterling -- since the back-end gets quotes just fine, why don't you open up the socket connection (or whatever you use to get the data) since it's already coming into the computer. The position summary can handle hudreds of pos'ns just fine. It would be nice to have an EFFICIENT way to pass those quotes through that it ALREADY HAS! :)

#50     Apr 30, 2008