Stereo speakers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Eldredge, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Eldredge

Eldredge

I have a question for any audiophiles out there.

I am getting a pair of Paradigm Studio 40 speakers. I can get the pair off the floor today (they are 6 months old) for a $50 discount, or I can get a brand new pair that will be here in two weeks. Which would you do and why? Thanks for any help.

2. why paradigm and where you buying them and how much you paying?

pssst.. audiophiles wouldn't buy paradigms.

3. Eldredge

Eldredge

I suppose you are right, but I can't afford what true audiophiles would buy:( , but I would appreciate some advice from an expert. I am paying either $699 or $650, and I chose Paradigm studio 40s because I liked their sound the best for anything I heard under $1,000.

I just don't know if the "wear and tear" of being on a floor in a small shop for six months is a factor or not. If it is, I will wait, but if not I'll get them now.

4. what speakers for the computer would you guys recommend?

right now looking at either -

Klipsch Promedia 4.1 THX

or

Logitech's THX certified Z560 4.1

Both have great reviews but i will consider something else you believe might be better.

I want something that is not just loud but ... LOUD FUCKING LOUD!!

know what i'm saying here:D

i wanna be able to turn these babies up to ear splitting levels with no or minimal distortion, and i want room to spare to go even LOUDER!

heh heh

what do you recommend?

5. i'd get the brand new pair if only $50 bucks more. speakers need to be broken in properly for best audio and reliability for years to come. you don't want a pair that have been cranked too far too fast right off the bat. speakers have to be broken in slowly over time.

6. I'm really starting to like your style, longshot. :D