Stephen Hawking Says We Have To Get Off The Planet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pspr, Aug 9, 2010.

1. word

word

maybe15 years ago I was at Arcosanti. I was reading about the need to minaturize to get off the planet.

Paolo Soleri is the founder. I heard him talk. He talked about the problems with religion with respect to war, and the need to get off the planet because "anything alone dies."

He's really smart and he would host events where really smart people would get together and brainstorm.

:D

#31     Aug 9, 2010
  2. is it the high time for us to get off when we don;t have technologies enough to create a planetship so that we can go as far as we thought

#32     Aug 9, 2010
  3. pspr

pspr

I think he wants us to start working on it harder before we get smashed by a big rock or something. It's coming. We just don't know when.

We gotta have room for my dog, too.

#33     Aug 9, 2010
  4. Of course he can come too. We'll round up two of every animal to bring with us to space. We'll need a massive spaceship and the possibilities of this are highly improbable...but even when we fail, the story will live on for thousands of years and be told as truth by some gullible humans!

#34     Aug 10, 2010
  5. Bling loving advanced civilzations? ...no!

#35     Aug 10, 2010
  6. But in "When Worlds Collide" they wouldn't let the crippled guy in the wheelchair on the rocket. And he paid for everything! :mad:

#36     Aug 10, 2010
  7. he wants us off the planet in a 100 yrs. where we going to go :confused:

#37     Aug 10, 2010
  8. "TUHDUH MOON ALICE, TUHDUH MOON!!!":D

#38     Aug 10, 2010
  9. oh that would be fun living in a big terrarium :D

#39     Aug 10, 2010
  10. Could be your'e not old enough to get the reference.

#40     Aug 10, 2010