Stephen Hawking dead at 76

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Mar 14, 2018.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Tony Stark likes this.
  2. exGOPer

exGOPer

What else do you expect from a scientist and a liberal.

3. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

RIP.Truly a brilliant mind

4. Tom B

Tom B

RIP

5. JSOP

JSOP

I am just reading the Wikipedia article about him and read upon this:

That was brilliant!! R.I.P. Mr. Hawking. So sad, a great mind has left us...:(

Max E. likes this.
  6. exGOPer

exGOPer

"We are close to the tipping point where global warming becomes irreversible. Trump's action could push the Earth over the brink, to become like Venus, with a temperature of two hundred and fifty degrees, and raining sulphuric acid," he told BBC News.

"Climate change is one of the great dangers we face, and it's one we can prevent if we act now. By denying the evidence for climate change, and pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement, Donald Trump will cause avoidable environmental damage to our beautiful planet, endangering the natural world, for us and our children."

"I fear evolution has inbuilt greed and aggression to the human genome. There is no sign of conflict lessening, and the development of militarised technology and weapons of mass destruction could make that disastrous. The best hope for the survival of the human race might be independent colonies in space."

7. exGOPer

exGOPer

I asked him what he would like his legacy to be.

"I never expected to reach 75, so I feel very fortunate to be able to reflect on my legacy. I think my greatest achievement, will be my discovery that black holes are not entirely black."

"Quantum effects cause them to glow like hot bodies with a temperature that is lower, the larger the black hole. This result was completely unexpected, and showed there is a deep relationship between gravity and thermodynamics. I think this will be key, to understanding how paradoxes between quantum mechanics and general relativity can be resolved."

When asked if money or practicality were no object, what his dream present would be, he said it would be a cure for motor neurone disease - or at least a treatment that halted its progression.

"When I was diagnosed at 21, I was told it would kill me in two or three years. Now, 54 years later, albeit weaker and in a wheelchair, I'm still working and producing scientific papers. But it's been a great struggle, which I have got through only with a lot of help from my family, colleagues, and friends."

8. Max E.

Max E.

Seriously WTF is wrong with you man? you turn something positive about someones death into another fucking attack? Why? Im curious when your thinking about posting something, what is the benefit that goes off in your head? Does posting that kind of shit that kind of shit on a eulogy make you feel good?

Please tell mewhat benefit you get from constantly posting fucking toxic shit, cause otherwise i will just never understand it, but it must make you feel good.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  9. exGOPer

exGOPer

Where is the attack? I literally quoted the guy, if anyone was attacking, it was him. It's frustrating to see right wingers 'pay tribute' to scientists after insulting them their entire careers because the findings don't line up with corporate propaganda.

And you posted this in the Politics section so I bought up Hawking's politics. Why so surprised.

10. Max E.

Max E.

You must live an incredibly frustrated life man, ill leave it at that im done.

#10     Mar 14, 2018