Step by Step How HFT's will SCREW YOU on the payroll number

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joovenile Jatt, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Incidentally, I'm short and have been so since yesterday. Will continue to be so for 10-15 ES handles. I think we'll see which of us is a loser, or sore, soon enough.

#61     Sep 8, 2010
  2. I was long from 1094 and just got out. Looks like the only one who'll be sore is the chick im going to see in celebration. Thanks nerdboxs, all is forgiven :cool: , yeh like fack it is, I'll be back to reveal your corruption again. But today i'll let you off :D

#62     Sep 8, 2010
  3. You never really gave us any information on your situation - other than you "don't trade over the internet" (which seems to be not true) and that you "trade on a dedicated 100mbit line" (which also is not entirely true as you share it with ~50 other traders so your fair share of the pie with all things equal would be 2mbit up/down).

I'm not sure what you mean about me being misinformed about the markets - I think I have a pretty good grasp of the equity markets and a moderate level of understanding the futures space. I have a very good understanding of order routing and execution order flow (where your trade goes from when you push the button to when it executes at an exchange).

I'll give you that I might be misinformed about your situation - why don't you fill us in... If you mean I don't have a clue re: quote stuffing... well that's BS because Quote Stuffing is something people with inferior hardware use as a cry-baby excuse as to how they are getting screwed by the man yet again.

#63     Sep 9, 2010
  4. The DDE in Excel 2003 takes 120ms to update every time you pull in a link (such as web query, bloomberg, etrade, etc.) I know that 2007 is much faster (because it has better memory utilization but there is no way you can pull data into excel, crunch numbers and fire off an order in under 10ms. It takes longer than 10ms just to update.

On the futures side I have no idea what it takes to face the CME direct (or any other exchange for that matter) but on the equities side most "direct access" platforms just screw you over less than the retail guys who internalize. Many execution engines update only every 100ms (like IB & Sterling) so unless you pay for your own datafeeds you aren't even working with realtime data - only "snapshot" data that's 100ms old. Also, it takes time to pass orders through risk servers, which most firms have. Usually that's anywhere from 20-80ms, depending on the firm and the software as well as the location of the risk server in relation to the trader and the execution servers.

#64     Sep 10, 2010