step away from the "chop!"...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GreenDog, Mar 18, 2003.

1. trader99

trader99

WTF?!!! WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!WTF?!!!

should have stopped trading the chop a while back!!!

hehe. DOH! I mean in total nominal terms I didn't lose that much today! It's just PURE FRUSTRATION of getting stopped out on every single freakin' trade then forced to see it go my way!

how do you guys deal with the chop? This is driving me nuts?! I should stop before I self-destruct... hehe

#41     Mar 19, 2003
  2. TGregg

TGregg

Don't trade. I had a nice trade premarket, then watched 3/4's of a point in the money trades turn against me and stop me out twice in a row. I figured it was a chop day, so now I'm doing some research, as well as exploring the new features in TS7.

Much better for me, since I don't have a lot of hair to pull out any more. :D

#42     Mar 19, 2003
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

chopped to ribbons again....think I would learn after the mess I made yesterday......
    the morning went so very well for me.......and then lunchtime cleaned out all my gains.....and the afternoon made a crater in the account.
    and of course, in hindsight, the mistakes are all there in black and white. In too early, out on wiggles.....needed to stay in just a little longer and I could have salvaged the trades........
    the two biggies were.....trading in a flat market, and trading before a bomb is to be dropped....no, no, no......what an idiot!

I need a BIG DRINK.........:( :(

#43     Mar 19, 2003
  4. I resisted the urge to overtrade this afternoon.

Going out today with some healthy gains, made primarily in the AM session.

Main reason I kept it light this afternoon was the uncertainty of the impending 8:00 EST hour... and beyond. Actually not so much the uncertainty of 8:00, but more importantly the market's reaction.

dog

#44     Mar 19, 2003
  5. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I bought some SIRI for swing trade.

#45     Mar 19, 2003
  6. omcate

omcate

IMHO:

Fear, greed, ego and hindsight are traders' worst enemies. Are you going to pop in TV dinners again ?

:p :p :p
    :D :D :D

#46     Mar 19, 2003
  7. miniTrdr

miniTrdr

first trade had a healthy profit (1 tick from profit target) but being greedy for that tick, i let go back to stop at BE+1 tick. of course stops where hit and it slipped to BE - commissions. it was also 1 tick from the high for the rest of the day. i then churned a couple trades. overall ended even.

#47     Mar 19, 2003
  8. trader99

trader99

Drinks on me man. Misery loves companionship.

I got chopped and chopped and minced into fine powder and ground beef.

I was somewhat positive this morning. Then got grind and grind. Then down and down. I couldn't stop. Then down. I had to force myself to stop trading.

Same story yesterday. Should have learned my lesson. I guess I need a couple of beatings to get it in.

Remind me NOT to trade the chop tomorrow?!!

#48     Mar 19, 2003
  9. We all in scalpers heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D

#49     Mar 19, 2003
  10. Coulda been short EXPE from 39 like my trading pardner :eek:

I though he was gonna croak!

Best to all
    David

#50     Mar 19, 2003