step away from the "chop!"...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GreenDog, Mar 18, 2003.

1. mike s

mike s

I'm curious Jack, if you don't mind. On a day such as this, trading off the 5 minute chart, how many round-turns will you do on average?

Thanks,
    Mike

#21     Mar 18, 2003
  2. Breakout, I believe.

F. P.

#22     Mar 18, 2003
  3. Is it really the only thing you guys did not get? So I gather that you obviously know what the third harmonic is and how Jack measures it. So please explain it to me.

TIA,
    Wally

#23     Mar 18, 2003
  4. Sorry BO means Breakout.

I'll try to use ( ) more often for first mention.

#24     Mar 18, 2003
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

One way is to look at overall range and volatility. It is mean reverting. So, when you go through a period when everything is moving like crazy (last few days) you are likely to go into a slower and choppier period. After a choppy period, when everyone has gone nuts and is ready to give up, then you are likely to see big trend moves. As for indicators, you can look at things like ATR and ADX.

Brandon

#25     Mar 18, 2003
  6. Excuse me, but who are you to claim that what Jack needed 2 pages for can in fact be explained in a few sentences like these!!!??? You should be ashamed of yourself for even suggesting that it can be done!! Just as I feel ashamed that I 'explained' the same thing in one sentence a few pages back. Incidentally, I said the same thing as you...

And where are your harmonics? Are you serious? This stuff cannot be explained without invoking at least three harmonics...

Sorry, but I am putting you on ignore. I am putting myself on ignore too.

#26     Mar 18, 2003
  7. i get real skeptical after a losing trade.

#27     Mar 18, 2003
  8. I sit out after the first 3 trades are all losers. Put a fork in me ... I'm done.
    :mad:

#28     Mar 18, 2003
  9. Man, you guys are cracking me up. BTW, I'm putting myself on ignore, too. :D

PEG LEG JOE

#29     Mar 18, 2003
  10. That's the thing. I was in the same situation.

#30     Mar 18, 2003