Steidlmayer - Dalton - I Thank You!

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by MarkBrown, Feb 20, 2010.

1. pchan

pchan

#21     Jun 29, 2010
  2. Are any of you familiar with Steidlmeyer's cap flow software? It creates the MP charts, plus a few other cute little indicators.

I had a meeting with Pete's cap flow software people not too long ago. I was going to update the 8 bit and 16 bit ancient code that they use so as to automate and scale out the trading. They/he politely declined saying that they didn't feel comfortable opening their sourcecode up to another tech company, even with contracts in place.

Strange bird, that Steidlemayer. He'd rather create software that requires a trader to hand crunch numbers, and manually add in data resulting in a grand total of about 15 end users, rather than turn it into something that a hedge fund could use and potentially make millions off of it. All in the name of prudence against potential IP theft.

I am good friends with one of Steidlemayer's protoge types. Steidlemayer himself has backed this guy, to very consistent, low-risk success. The guy makes between 9 and 19% per year like clockwork. However, we are trying to take his trading from the $500K to $1 million in capital range into the $10 to $20 million range. We can't do that with the manual limitations of the software. I also think we could push 30% returns if the system automatically searched for trading opportunities instead of the trader manually crunching opportunities across a limited set of futures products.

Regardless, does Steidlemayer have ownership of the intellectual property which is MP and cap flow indicators? Is there another system that I could use to automate these graphs and indicators across all futures/stock markets.

Just curious.

#22     Jul 18, 2010