Stealth Trader and SusanDT's Stops in this market?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by xburbx, Dec 9, 2008.

1. xburbx

xburbx

The last either of them posted on here was before the market got crazy. Anyone know how they adjusted their stops to fit this market? Before the stops were 1-2 ticks above the 2nd bar in a 3bar reversal which would usually be around 2pnts from entry. Now, on a 10,000 vol chart it must be closer to 5pnts or so. Have they scaled down to a 2500 chart ?

2. If stops are viewed in relation to R/R then both sides have increased in this market.

Although it is still possible to get entries with small stops :eek:

If you understand the logic beneath what they were doing then you can devise an answer to your problem yourself.

3. xburbx

xburbx

I assumed that they have probably increased stops to 5pts to make 3bar reversal work on the 10,000 vol. Would they have moved down to a 5000 or 2500 vol?

4. No idea, on a smaller volume chart I assume you'll get more false signals?

It was a basic entry technique, I think AHG guys use better entry methods. they have a public forum on which you can ask questions.

I use a 6sec chart like Anek posted, to watch price action and volume at a specific S/R level.

5. xburbx

xburbx

I was going to look into the 6 sec chart but was thinking it would be too difficult to time. I've been using ST's 3bar and it seems for me to be easier to enter. Stops are around 3-4 pts on my 5000 chart.