Stealing Trading Ideas and making $$$

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by gymratnyc, Apr 20, 2008.

1. His idea is not a trading device. He couldn't patent his idea and make money off of it. Mr. Paulson trusted Mr. Greene as a friend, confident, and potential investor to disclose to him his business ideas. It would almost be the same thing as if Mr. Paulson presented a business plan for a new business (all the details of the plan laid out) and Mr. Greene took his business plan and started a new business out of it. However, trading ideas are much easier to steal. Thats why people sign Non-Disclosure agreements before reading business plans, so the people reading it, won't steal it.

It's obvious that he didn't want Jeff Greene to take his idea and use it, because he got mad about it.

Look at it at another angle. Suppose you invite me to dinner with you and your wife and you introduce me to her. I get friendly with her and start having sex with her behind your back? Would you get mad? Or would you swallow it up and say that she's free to have sex with anyone wants? It's a free world? The only one to have sex with her should be Dman666?

#41     Apr 20, 2008
  2. [​IMG]
    Have fun on your monday morning bus ride.

Say "hello" to the other kids on the short bus from Elite Trader ... "OK"?

#42     Apr 20, 2008
  3. Nah, don't bother ... she wasn't worth it. :p

#43     Apr 20, 2008
  4. Mr. Greene's best man at his wedding was Mike Tyson. Tells you pretty much everything you need to know regarding this situation.

#44     Apr 21, 2008
  5. We're trying to tell the guy, but he just won't listen ...

Hey look dman666, what kind of person would you be to invite a convicted rapist, who probably has a boner for your bride to be and wants to screw her, as your BEST MAN!!! :confused:

It shows that while you might have a ton of money (which is what he used to buy his services), you haven't got a friend in the world.

#45     Apr 21, 2008
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

When 100s of millions are on the line, ethics, friendships even family means almost nothing to the large majority of people.

He took advantage of someones else idea, so what? Did anyone got hurt or die?

Do you even realize how many people die every day for much much much smaller amount of money out there?

And for those that say that this situation is wrong, just ask yourself honestly, if you had an opportunity to do the same and make this kind of money, would you turn it down?

#46     Apr 21, 2008
  7. Folks have made millions from ideas posted right here on ET.

Of course BBBillions have been lost.

#47     Apr 21, 2008
  8. dman666

dman666

Well, I guess it would depend on what kind of relationship I had with my wife (not everyone believes in pure monogamy). Assuming it was a closed (sexual) relationship, I would probably be more pissed at her. Would I feel any type of anger at you for helping accomplish something she wants to do? Maybe, but ultimately she is the one that broke our presumed relationship. And yes, it is a free world and happens to couples all the time.

So how did Mr. Greene go behind Mr. Paulson's back? What was their type of relationship before he used the idea? It seems from the article that Mr. Greene had an idea that the RE market was going to crash (from his experience in the 80's) and he was seeking a way to trade that market. Mr. Paulson shared an idea with him and never said not to use it.

Now suppose the RE market ended up shooting higher for another year and instead Mr. Greene lost millions of dollars. Would Mr. Paulson be the bad guy for helping him lose millions of dollars?

#48     Apr 21, 2008
  9. dman666

dman666

Please tell me! You seem to think your judgment of everyone is the way everyone else should think and is taken straight from your holy man.

You know nothing about the guy and any of his friends, how can you assume you do? Oh, that's right, Mike Tyson was his best man, so I know he doesn't have any true friends.

Money can buy many things. Some people go the direct route by buying a prostitute, others get married and give their money away. Either way you look at it, it's just a transaction.

#49     Apr 21, 2008
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker

#50     Apr 7, 2017