Stealing Trading Ideas and making $$$

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by gymratnyc, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Why are you responding to a guy who obviously has his brains in his ass? :confused:

Believe me, don't waste your time! :D

#31     Apr 20, 2008
  2. dman666

dman666

Here's your post starting the thread:

Notice how I put the word receive in bold? You're not saying he stole it and either did the article.

#32     Apr 20, 2008
  3. [​IMG]
    Notice how I put the word down syndrome in bold?

I'm not saying that you have it dman666, but I'm not saying that you don't, either.

#33     Apr 20, 2008
  4. Cutten

Cutten

Going short real estate was not exactly some big secret. Loads of people had been RE bears since 2003, 2004 since it was an obvious bubble with rampant speculation and greed, just like dotcoms in the late 90s. Either the WSJ reporter is a liar and his editor/fact-checker incompetent, or Paulson is the biggest whining pussy of the 21st century. If this other guy made $500 mill then good for him - he took the risk if he was wrong, so he deserves the rewards.

#34     Apr 20, 2008
  5. dman666

dman666

Yes, it is a rather quite sad thing that happens on earth. Some people say that it may be caused by all the chemicals and things people accumulate in their body by drinking water out of plastic bottles, eating food out of plastic containers and other similar things. This then may cause the presence of the extra chromosome 21 and is passed on to the offspring. You sure have some kind words for people that are different than you.

#35     Apr 20, 2008
  6. dman666

dman666

Agreed, he made money because of the real estate market crash. It would be the same thing as if I talked about buying a stock around one of my friends and he actually does and makes a bunch of cash because of it.

#36     Apr 20, 2008
  7. Normally I'd agree with you Cutten, but you're both wrong on this one.

He made money off the ideas presented by John Paulson which gave him a sophisticated method for going short sub-prime mortages (back in 2006 way before the shit had hit the fan) using some type of derivative setup which controlled the downside risk ... after that, well as they say, timing is everything.

He got the idea and execution methodology from JP ... it's as obvious as the day is long ... next time somebody decides to rip-off one of your ideas (that's assuming you ever haven any that are innovative, unique and different) and capitalize on it in a meaningful way I want to know exactly how you feel about it!

Here's a reprint of the quote for those who cannot (or choose not to) read ... down syndrome is a terrible thing!.
    "It was the spring of 2006, and Mr. Paulson, seeking investors for a new fund, gave Mr. Greene a peek at his plan. Mr. Greene didn't wait for the fund to open. He beat his friend to the punch by doing the same complex mortgage-market trade on his own."

#37     Apr 20, 2008
  8. Greene sounds like a scumbag trouser stain short on all the qualities that make a human being decent.

#38     Apr 20, 2008
  9. dman666

dman666

So Paulson created a "Trading Device" to take advantage of a situation he thought may happen and is now mad because Greene used this "Trading Device" and his directional bias to "Trade" that market?

So whoever trades an ETF should be considered stealing an idea because he is not the person who created that trading instrument? The only person that should be able to trade an ETF is the person who created it? How could we make a market doing this?

#39     Apr 20, 2008
  10. Thank you for confirming ALL of my previous posts.

You're obviously a 14 year old kid who has happened on the site and whose parents are not giving him supervision that he needs.

#40     Apr 20, 2008