Stealing Trading Ideas and making $$$

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by gymratnyc, Apr 20, 2008.

1. I'm not hating ... you're coming off as a half-wit who supports a guy who ripped-off the ideas that his knowledeable and sophisticated professional associate shared with him (while no doubt, soliciting funds) and is going around crowing about it ... while marrying some young hottie and having Mike Tyson as his best man.

Am I the only one who thinks you're a stupid ass? :confused:

Doubt it. :cool:

#21     Apr 20, 2008
  2. For anyone who didn't bother to click on the link and doesn't know what the controversy is about, here's an excerpt from the article:
    Relaxing at his 40,000-square-foot mansion, Palazzo di Amore, Jeff Greene reflects on a stellar 12-month run. He snatched the estate out of receivership for $35 million in a bidding war. He got married in a spectacular wedding here with boxer Mike Tyson as his best man. And he is up more than half a billion dollars on a bet that the housing market would crater.

He may have lost a friend in the process: John Paulson, a hedge-fund manager who devised what proved to be a wildly profitable strategy for betting against risky mortgages.

It was the spring of 2006, and Mr. Paulson, seeking investors for a new fund, gave Mr. Greene a peek at his plan. Mr. Greene didn't wait for the fund to open. He beat his friend to the punch by doing the same complex mortgage-market trade on his own.

"He never told me: 'Don't do it,'" Mr. Greene says. Mr. Paulson won't discuss the matter.
    Now ... is there anyone else here who honestly doesn't think Mr. Greene is a dirty S.O.B. for what he did or that dman666 is a complete retard of ass-clown proportions for defending him?

Please voice your opinion. :D

#22     Apr 20, 2008
  3. dman666

dman666

I didn't support anybody, I'm just not hating this guy because of what some information in an article in WSJ pertained (we might not even know the whole story behind the idea thing). You do realize there many stories published all the time that are not totally factual? It's the same thing as the thousand of people exonerated from prison sentences because of DNA testing that wasn't available at the time. There simply wasn't enough information at the time to clear them.
    I guess you can hate him because he's friends with Mike Tyson and Paris Hilton, but I just don't see that as a very valid reason for hating a person.

And if I was single and his age I'd probably want to marry some young chick too? Is that so wrong? He's probably at least 3/4's of the way through his life, so why not bang a younger chick before I die? Is that so wrong? Some people want the emotional aspect, others want the physical. Good for you for thinking your choice is the best and that I'm a moron because I don't hold the same beliefs as you.

#23     Apr 20, 2008
  4. Hey look dman666 ...

he's a thief,

you're an idiot,

and I'm busy.

Bye now.

#24     Apr 20, 2008
  5. I mean't someone other than dman666. :mad:

We already know he still believes in the tooth fairy, recently played with the Easter Bunny, and is looking forward to yet another year with Santa Claus.

#25     Apr 20, 2008
  6. dman666

dman666

Again, the person writing the article admits they don't have all the information. As far as we know they have always been friends and still are.

#26     Apr 20, 2008
  7. dman666

dman666

Yeah, I can tell your real busy by responding to me.

I still believe in everything you mentioned, just don't know why they haven't shown up since I was like 10 years old.

#27     Apr 20, 2008
  8. how the hell was he able to pay the mortgage on 7000 apartments?!??...

#28     Apr 20, 2008
  9. ATLien

ATLien

God damn, I had to grab the popcorn for this episode.

A+ thread, would read again.

#29     Apr 20, 2008
  10. The guy who had the original idea made 3.7 billion last year! :)
    It's simple why he would be mad, he stole his shit.

#30     Apr 20, 2008