Stealing from society

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Imo, the other point of your post brings to mind, plain old fashioned, civic responsibility.

When an out of work, blind lesbian desires to experience "childbirth", be my guest but not on my dime. When asked "How will you manage?" She replies, "We'll get by somehow." Wtf does that mean to me? Society is your somehow?

In the past, private charitable money aided the poor but somehow this wasn't enough to maintain a "deserving" lifestyle hence incentivize aid. The more you get the more you spend the more you need. The line goes around the block then two blocks then it becomes - just stay home we'll mail you a check (work for welfare, no way).

#11     Apr 18, 2010
  2. People vote for services provided for by the gov't. You can argue "right" or "wrong", but it's a democracy, and that's what people are demanding. To meet that responsibility, gov't has to raise money.

What's the problem, exactly?

#12     Apr 18, 2010
  3. Good luck with that ever happening. It wont ever happen because it makes sense and the government doesnt like to do anything logical and sensible.

If by some miracle it ever did happen, I give it 20-30 years before politicians start having "crisis's" and "need" to change some things.

The founding fathers wrote the constitution hoping that none of the stuff that has happened today would ever happen. If they were alive today, they would probably say this doesnt look like the same country as they founded. (right after they say "help, let me out of here! Its so dark). Hehe...had to use that joke. :)

#13     Apr 18, 2010
  4. Yeah ... I know ... but I do feel better thinking it for a moment.

Correction will come eventually. It always does.

#14     Apr 18, 2010
  5. morganist

morganist Guest

I love that first line.

#15     Apr 18, 2010

6. Get Ready. You will be doing a lot more for them in the future.

#16     Apr 18, 2010
  7. Yeah, me too. Pretty extreme, but one I'll never forget because this " first line" is true, I did not make it up.:cool:

#17     Apr 18, 2010
  8. morganist

morganist Guest

how many blind lesbians who want children can there be?

#18     Apr 18, 2010
  9. Don't know, but apparently they hook up on the internet.

Fer instance,

"Hi! I am a legally blind lesbian in Utah but am currently married to a man- very long story. I want to meet some new contacts/frineds and chat with other blind lesbians bisexuals and queers- I am glad i found this site!"

#19     Apr 18, 2010
  10. Great Thread :) - I sympathize and agree with the core sentiment of the OP.

on the blind lesbian thing - it could become an emerging trend - after all they don't have to look at the kids they have let alone care for them (being blind and gender confused) - they just want to be happy - we all deserve to be "special" and fulfulled - our politicians will insure our needs are met. I hope I haven't offended anyone - Hmmm, Is there a braille edition of Elite Trader?

I don't know how things got so far off the chain - but instinctively we all understand that the end user pays for it all - when the money (and credit) runs out - the "all" gets small.

Human behavior tends to go to extremes (good and bad) so it can't be any different for political or economic behavior. Most would agree that capitalism and democracy are a great paring to grow an economic system. That said, we seem to be loosing both of these at the same time. We all heard about that old Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times" - My take is that interesting times has arrived in spades :)

FWIW - I picked my screen name long ago (when I was much dumber) - The world should be so simple

#20     Apr 18, 2010