Stealing another trader's TA system

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by T-Bone Trader, Aug 25, 2008.

1. bone

bone

Buy your own e-signal subscription under your own name and registration, and bring your own laptop into work every day to use for your TA cpu. I've done it, and many other successful traders in arcades do it. And, yes - other traders have either already stolen from you or will most certainly steal from you. No doubt about it. I have walked by printers and recycling bins and seen my charts printed out, and I know that my charting packages have been logged into off-hours by firm employees as well. I've also had other traders try to extract cookies, temp files, and backup files. Be low-key in your office communications, don't drink with these guys, and certainly don't brag. I have had prop firm managers tell other traders how well I am doing in order to encourage the accidental or purposeful transfer of success. I have had other traders walk up to me and say,"The boss wants you to teach me how to trade".

I have left firms twice because of that type of thing. You can be cordial, and you can make small-talk in the office. But you need to understand that lifting your TA is taking food out of your mouth and money out of your pocket.

I also used to put alot of shit on my charting packages that I personally never traded off of. Overlays up the wazoo. Subterfuge.

But the best thing that myself and others do is to tote a very high perf. laptop to the office every day. Plug it into the monitor bank and away you go.

This is a business, and not a country club. It is all about the money.

Oh, and watch "Eastern Promises" again.

Peace.

#11     Aug 26, 2008
  2. This is why I do not discuss my systems or indicators. This is also why I get my data for charting from a different source than my brokerage. For me to know and for others to ponder.

Success.

#12     Aug 26, 2008