Steak Sauce ??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Handsome, May 23, 2007.

1. Thanks fly.

#11     May 25, 2007
  2. Do keep us posted Lips about that Alamo stuff.

#12     May 25, 2007
  3. Thanks a lot acronym! :) :cool:

#13     May 25, 2007
  4. Thanks for your sound advice but me already sick so I am trying to eat everything now that I LIKE! Like big juicy med-rare PORTERHOUSE off the grill. :)

#14     May 25, 2007
  5. Peter Lugers

#15     May 25, 2007
  6. PIKCAPEPPA

from Jamacia, smooth and spicy

#16     May 25, 2007
  7. ya well why the freak then you trying to hide the taste ?

ya!

haha!

freakin idiots

:/

#17     May 27, 2007
  8. Arnie

Arnie

Try this. Coat steaks in Worchestershire sauce, some garlic, season with salt and pepper. JUst before grilling, coat with A1 sauce.

#18     May 28, 2007
  9. Sure, thats something to try too, plain beef sashimi is great with the right cut of meat.

And wholegrain hot mustard:D
    And a lightly stir fried hot salad with wassabe dressing.Mmmm.

Or, for an easy , tasty peppercorn sauce , (i dont much like the flour based sauces, too much hassle, too easy to screw up)

In a saucepan, place a good handfull of black peppercorns, well covered with chicken stock (store boughts fine, homemade is better) and add liberal teaspoons of mixed herbs/oregano/rosemary, whatever you like.
    If your using dry herbs, try soaking for a few hours beforehand-fresh, doesnt matter so much, better off throwing them in for the last five minutes or so.

MUCH better off-coriander, parsley, sage etc (drool)
    Simmer very slowly for around an hour, topping up chicken stock if need be.
    At that point, stir through about a cup of greek style (plain) yoghurt, and about half a cup of full cream,
    stir through to heat and combine, 5-10 minutes will usually do.

If you can time it right, its good to actually dump the rare grilled/fried steaks in this for that last 5-10 minutes of cooking time, or conversely pour this stuff over the steaks with about 5 minutes steak cooking time to go, after lowering the heat. (to avoid scorching the dairy ingredients)
    I call it "peppercorn madness".

I like steak.
    :)

#19     May 30, 2007
  10. #20     May 30, 2007