staying motivated and productive

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by ssrrkk, Jan 21, 2012.

1. ssrrkk

ssrrkk

Hey thanks for checking in. Yes I am definitely in a much better position now. I have since shifted my focus to something that is much more likely to work, and have made a lot of progress toward that goal. I would never have gotten here with my ex-partner. He would be still asking me to check out thousands of ridiculous spurious correlations (e.g., what happens on a rainy day, etc.). I have to say I have learned a lot from a few people on this board...

#31     Jun 30, 2012
  2. Wow, did u only had just 1 or 2 strategies ?

I had, since last year, been doing what you had done, gpone thru what you've experience, and then somemore. Till a point where nobody understands what you are doing, other than the big guys.

From intra days strats that can handle $100,000, to overnight swing doing $200,000, to portfolios runnning at least 1-5m.

What about the futures, inter market strats, global macro and FX and etc that can handle at least 5m.

I figured im more burned out than you, though all strats are under testing. The most satisfying part is that, I managed to develop what I wanted to achieve when I started out.

When my entire system, from trading to reporting was automated, all I receive in the Morning (im from Asia timezone) is an email telling me how much I made (or lost), my overall positions and statistics breakdown of each strats and PnL individually.

And finally the results started showing. I started to see more and more positive days (previously I had 0 positive days for a few months), losses shrank (though still losing), and overall im satisfied. Its the PnL that kept me going. Finally, because its still test account, I could enjoy my Friday nights (my friday night = US morning)

I am running a 1-man show. U will eventually reach there.

#32     Jul 8, 2012
  3. Nym

Nym

because its still test account? :confused:

#33     Jul 28, 2012
  4. There are certain strats that has negative on test acct, even with live data.

Depends how it works, from controlling risks to managing orders. I am the best person to make the judgement :)

#34     Jul 28, 2012

5. :confused:

#35     Jul 28, 2012