Staying Long anyone?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Dr.Greenback, Feb 1, 2007.

1. NEVER

#21     Feb 2, 2007
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

:cool:

#22     Feb 2, 2007
  3. The TREND is your FRIEND!
    :p

#23     Feb 2, 2007
  4. It's not going to happen. The private equity terrorists will buy any dip they see.

#24     Feb 2, 2007
  5. hels02

hels02

I said 3 months ago that there's just no where else to put money. In the 2000 crash, everyone put their money INTO real estate, causing a real estate bubble.

Now where are they going to put money? Under their mattress? Into 4% bonds when inflation is... ok, non existant... whatever.

Where?

Right. The stock market.

It's going to chop, so people can get shaken out and get back in, the idea here is... you think it's going to dump, you sell sell sell... when it goes back up... dammit, you buy buy buy.

In between that, when you sold, you sold low, and when you buy back in, you bought high. And this can go on a very very long time, because the other side is making a lot of $$. Hey! I'm making a lot of money:). yay for me! :D

Stops are there to get blown through. So it will go up and down so it can hit every stop, forcing you to buy back in or sell it against your will. And that means... MORE MONEY for the market!!!

The ONLY way to make money in this market is to cover your ass and go long. Buy a put, buy a stock. Watch it and sell one then the other.

Another thing I find interesting... I have an account with one broker that I play dumb moves on. Every time I make a move on that account, that stock moves the other way... I swear their entire company moves the direction I move in that account.

So... spread your accounts out, and if you luck out and see one account doing that... play another other account the other way, with much bigger size. :p .

I've made a hella lot of money doing that this past year, someone at that brokerage thinks I'm the perfect fade, and I think it's just great, because they are feeding my other account:). Yay for me! :D LOL!

#25     Feb 2, 2007
  6. unless, you are playing seriously thin penny stocks, you are deluded if you think a brokerage house is moving a stock so they can take out your puny stops

#26     Feb 2, 2007
  7. hels02

hels02

Then I am deluded Whistler:).

What a beautiful delusion (and profitable!! :D ). I love them, I just LOVE them!

Every single move I've made in that account has been covered... I figured this out a few months ago and are up a hella lot since then on my other account. On the one, I'm down about 6K over 3 months... it's move for move... funny stuff, did I mention I LOVE them? :D

Why are you so rude every time you post to me, my feelings are going to get hurt:(.

#27     Feb 2, 2007
  8. duard

duard

Today I painted myself green and I'm green again.

Lot's of work though gettin my shorts profitable on gap up sideways trading day.

Monday I'm gonna paint myself purple and play the music from Apocalypse Now on a megaphone hurricane warning system throughout the town.

Scare the shit out of those longs.

Charlie don't surf. Now get out there Lance and show us how its done. Never mind them bullets son....

#28     Feb 2, 2007
  9. I assume everybody here is still long and possibly added on to positions today. Especially since everything seems so positive..

I guess Everybody thinks it's a NO RISK market then? Or, thinks it's a runaway bull? No shorts, no profit taking, just more reason to buy.

Is it because of the closing above the triple top that has everybody so confident.:cool:

#29     Feb 3, 2007
  10. duard

duard

Quote from DUARD
    "Scare the shit out of those longs."

Long???

Not easy being short but that's when the turn will come when all the shorts have been squeezed and the world is long.

#30     Feb 3, 2007