Staying Long anyone?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Dr.Greenback, Feb 1, 2007.

1. What are you talking about? Correction is a thing of the past. When was the last time you saw a 5%+ correction? :D

#11     Feb 2, 2007
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Im still waiting for that 2% correction to take place, its been over 930 days now. :confused:

#12     Feb 2, 2007
  3. ERIROY

ERIROY

Long for a while ......volatility gonna be back lower again after this FOMC meeting.........Investors was scared about higher rates for next meeting but now no risk about tighting money supply before june so......bull mkt!

Dow jones new record today same for russel 2000....We going right to the s&p 500 top of 1550 in 2000 my friend! 100-150 more pts for s&p and then im gonna thinking about being short in april, may or june

Regards,

Eric

#13     Feb 2, 2007
  4. :confused:

Tell that to the guys holding the bag after GROW's five week freefall from 72+ to todays close of 43.50.

#14     Feb 2, 2007
  5. qll

qll

LONG FOREVER!

#15     Feb 2, 2007
  6. phasmatis

phasmatis

Currently long in several models. As for market opinions, successful traders know just about the only thing they can't afford is a strong opinion about the markets.

#16     Feb 2, 2007
  7. I expect to hold my long positions until my system shows a sell signal.

#17     Feb 2, 2007
  8. No, its not confusing. On your charting program, click on the button that says "Bollinger bands". At 72, the stock was at the edge of the bands. Now its right in that sweet spot in the middle.

GROW always bounces off the middle of the bands and then cycles back up to the top of the bands. It has been in this pattern for at least 2 years.

A little technical analysis goes a long way and prevents costly mistakes.

#18     Feb 2, 2007
  9. I'm staying long, its the only way to go in this runaway bull market. Shorting reactions will hurt you bad if you get it wrong, not worth the risk.

#19     Feb 2, 2007
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  10. duard

duard

Reloaded shorts at 8:30 am and scrubbed off the underwater stuff at breakeven.

We're under distribution. But when will the long-term bull end? Who knows.

But some back fill is inevitable.

#20     Feb 2, 2007