Staying Healthy

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Arjun1, Feb 9, 2009.

1. I've tried going on vegan diets ,but fruits and veggies don't feel me up.

After eating a non meat meal I still feel hungry and after a few days I am hungry and weak all the time

To the vegans out there, did any of you have this same problem and how did you overcome it ?

#41     Feb 16, 2009
  2. jaley

jaley

#42     Feb 16, 2009
  3. Coconut oil is very good source of fat. And in the USA they say it is bad, and they take it out of some baked foods, and replace that fat with hydrogenated vegetable oil (trans fat). They think it is better for you than coconut oil, but new evidence say it is not.

#43     Feb 16, 2009
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

You need beans, potatoes, whole grains, and nuts to fill you up. Fruits and veggies alone will leave you hungry. The other problem is most Americans think "a lot" of fruits and veggies is 5 servings a day. In fact, if you're vegan you should be eating a pound each of raw and cooked veggies a day. Plus fruit. :cool:

#44     Feb 16, 2009
  5. Thanks for the info :)

#45     Feb 16, 2009
  6. Excercise and you'll be fine. That in my opinion is the #1 cure.

I also like the idea of not eating too much. Gonna work on that one myself.

#46     Feb 16, 2009
  7. interesting discussion!

i like to believe that for researching the best diet, you need to research what was the main diet mankind evolutionized upon.

also, it´s quite difficult to follow if you eat in restaurants every day.. indian restaurants seem to be the only real option here.

#47     Feb 16, 2009
  8. coconut oil contains no appreciable amount of nutrient we require and is loaded with saturated fat esp myristic acid the worst of the saturated fats.

#48     Feb 16, 2009
  9. mokwit

mokwit

I never buy US processed food as the chances that the financial , pharmaceutical industries et al got whatever they wanted from the 'help yerselves boys' administration just gone, but the food inustry didn't is unlikely. Right or wrong I assume that the FDA represents the consumer in the same way the SEC does. That said, they did reject an attempt by the food industry to substitute some cheap oil for Cocoa Butter in Chocolate and still be allowed to call it Cocoa butter - but then again the fact that they thought they could try that one tells me what I need to know,

#49     Feb 16, 2009

10. Virgin coconut oil (Not hydrogenated coconut oil) is healthy and 50% Lauric acid. The same fat in breast milk.

#50     Feb 16, 2009