Stay the Course? What Course?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Good one dd... :)

As per AA, we should depend upon the guys who have failed us before to protect us. What a great job king georgie did to protect us from the 911 disaster... all those vacations in his ranch must have been planning on how to prevent attacks :confused:

#11     Jun 19, 2006
  2. I'm not a big fan of Bush. Clearly, they have made a mess of Iraq and Afghanistan. 2500 U.S. dead to install Islamic governments? Brilliant.

They were presented a mess in North Korea by the Clinton team and have no good options to deal with it, and are rapidly approaching the same point with Iran. Like other insoluble issues such as Social Security and Medicare financing, they seem to be running out the clock, willing to let another adminstration face up to it.

But my point is that liberals are clearly not up to dealing with a dangerous world. At least the Republicans recognize danger. Democrats seem to think U. N. resolutions and treaties are plenty of protection. Plus, they sympathize with some of the bigger emerging threats, such as the marxist thugs of Latin America.

#12     Jun 19, 2006
  3. I guess you are talking about Hugo Chavez. I am sure he is pocketing mucho dineros for himself. However, one thing is for sure, he is leveraging his countries most precious natural resource, oil, to benefit his countrymen to some extent. I think it is a better deal for Venezuelans than have all the Big Oil boys come in and rape them.

The oil boys are raping us and we have been blind and oblivious to them. Perhaps Chavez is smart enough to realize that and prefers Venezuelan companies to rape Venezuelan people than allow foreigners to do that.

#13     Jun 19, 2006
  4. So explain Bush's (or the WSJ's) immigration enthusiasm then.

#14     Jun 20, 2006
  5. ROR, democratic a verb. hope u are jokin here.

#15     Jun 20, 2006
  6. I think the Necks know they could never call their Republican party the "democratic" party....

#16     Jun 20, 2006
  7. OK. He has sold out his supporters. But I said "Republicans", not Bush.

The vast, and I mean vast, majority of Republicans support strict border controls and enforcement of immigration laws. Democrats as a party are to the left of Bush.

#17     Jun 20, 2006
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

It is really simple:

1. Corporations love illegal workers for various reasons. No union, lower wages, no rights, no overtime pay, no insurance or pensions paid, etc.

2. Government loves population growth by immigration. The US population growth (birthrate) isn't much better than Europe's and Europe is getting old...

Thus Bush and WSJ love immigration....

#18     Jun 20, 2006
  9. Arnie

Arnie

OK, Lithium boy, when you see a D besides a congresspersons name, what does it mean?

DEMOCRAT, not Democratic.

What an Asshole!:D

PS meant to say adjective, not verb

#19     Jun 20, 2006
  10. "Meant to say adjective, not verb."

ROTFLMAO....

#20     Jun 20, 2006