Stay out of markets

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Dang. I was reading an article late last night about how successful "sell in May and go away" really is. Too bad I didn't bookmark it. Maybe I'll find it in my browser history.

#11     Jul 17, 2006
  2. Whats wrong with sideways markets?

#12     Jul 17, 2006
  3. yeah... cause I make the most in sideways markets lol :D

#13     Jul 17, 2006
  4. ER9

ER9

woot....that would be awesome....just pull out your favorite momentum/overbought/oversold indicator and buy and sell tops and bottoms till the market chooses a direction..... :)

#14     Jul 17, 2006
  5. BCE

BCE

:D :D :D BTW YM and ER2 have formed a triangle on the 5 min charts today which has reached a point. Will it be up or down? :) And QM is deciding if it has sold off enough for today. :)

#15     Jul 17, 2006
  6. It doesn't matter baby! I'm out. I'm sitting on a pile of cash.

ET's is for winners!

Can't wait for November 6th.

#16     Jul 17, 2006
  7. It's a matter of your own personal stats.

My stats looks at two things to help me decide when to take planned vacation...

Number of trade signals and the average pt level reached.

Simply, I'm not interested if volatility is rising or declining during my vacation period.

The fact is that I get less trade signals between July - September (3rd Quarter).

Therefore, since I take a 4 week vacation each year (at the minimum)...

It's the best time for me to take my planned vacation.

I have other time off from the markets but those are mainly spontaneous time off whenever the spouse gets a crazy itch :D

Heck, I'm sure not going to take time off from the market when I tend to exceed my trading goals. :cool:

Besides, we all need to take a vacation from the markets...

Use whatever reason you desire to determine when is the appropriate time to vacation (exhaustion, cheap fares, opening week of fishing season, volatility is too low, month where your profits tend to be less than other months, drawdown period et cetera).

Vacations can be planned or spontaneous...I do both.

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

#17     Jul 17, 2006
  8. If I correctly guess what ya're thinking of, YOU SHOULD BE IN THE MARKET.
    Ya would be making money like a hog.
    It is sufficient ya take the RIGHT side. :D

#18     Jul 17, 2006
  9. Take a vacation and go to Vegas. :D

#19     Jul 17, 2006
  10. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Does such a statement mean you only play the long side? If you're gonna play you have to learn to trade BOTH short & long.

#20     Jul 17, 2006