Stay or go ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by rjmahan, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Winston

Winston

If China Dolls don't interest you, then you have more problems than your inability to trade my friend. Solve that problem first, then evrything will be clear. So sayeth Confucius.:D

#11     Mar 26, 2004
  2. You should learn how to play poker.

#12     Mar 26, 2004
  3. If your goal is to make a lot of money and you don't have much of any capital, then it is very unlikely that you will become rich trading your own account when you earn "just enough to live." You are going to have to get a better paying job and start saving or you are going to need to trade someone else's money.

If your goal is to enjoy life and become a good trader, then this can easily be done in your current location and at your current job. :D

#13     Mar 26, 2004
  4. I thought Oxford grads would be able to spell. And use the right words rather than confuse homonyms:confused:

I would expect Oxford grads to be able to construct proper sentences and use punctuation when appropriate.

Maybe Oxford isn't all it's cracked up to be. I know where I went to high school (a public school), more was expected than what was written in the first post of this thread. Much more!

Oxford hiring English teachers who speak and write "American English"??? LOL

Peace,
    :)RS

#14     Mar 26, 2004
  5. Is not the saying: Those who know do, those who do not know teach, sell, write books etc? (this is not related to your present job but to Wall Street)

There are plenty of threads about the snakeoils in this industry.

You may want to take a look at Ramoutar's thread and see if you can pick up some pointers from there. Although he has been quoted as being a vendor it also has been quoted that it appears that his performance and motives are genuine.

And do not give up:

Nothing in this world can take the place of perseverance.
    - Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    - Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
    - Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
    Perseverance and determination alone are omnipotent.
    Calvin Coolidge - 30th President to the United States of America

Hope this helps.

#15     Mar 26, 2004
  6. yes.

#16     Mar 26, 2004
  7. Having lived myself 7 years in Asia I can say: Wise decision, looks like you have your priorities right and your brains in the right place.

#17     Mar 26, 2004
  8. Well, in fact if you did some research or knew a little more of China, you would be aware that China has the greatest number of millionaires (USD-wise) in the world.

Also they lifted 150 million people out of poverty during the 1990s - 12% of the population and half of the total incidents (see http://hdr.undp.org/reports/global/2003/pdf/hdr03_overview.pdf ). They also vowed to eliminate poverty in the short future - during a conference a few weeks ago.

China is a serious contender as the world's most powerful nation in all respects; you should not give in to ignorance so easily.

#18     Mar 27, 2004
  9. They are the greatest nation on earth in terms of population. The last few years they also had the best conditions for capitalistic investment and growth. When it comes to area, it's on par with the US, and almost half of russian area.
    From CIA Factbook: "For centuries China stood as a leading civilization, outpacing the rest of the world in the arts and sciences." Also US manufacturers are no match for cheapo chinese labour. Take the recent beer breweries failures in China as a lesson, and e.g. the world's largest TV production company is also chinese, although not successfully branded yet, but they produce most TVs sold in the US too.
    So there you go, you aren't even half wrong. :D

#19     Mar 27, 2004
  10. BSAM

BSAM

I hear ya bro. Communism's a great deal, huh?? I hear they also have a great human rights ideology.:D :D :D Late night Friday's can be fun, huh??

#20     Mar 27, 2004