Stay away from SAXO

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Eagle Eye, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Why would anybody trade at Saxo or Oanda anyway and not use the CME contracts, just curious? Incidentally, there is a new euro ETF coming out.

#11     Jan 10, 2006

2. www.refco.ca does, but they won't accept US customers.

During the whole REFCO mess, REFCOCA customers were not affected as far I know.

Only REFCO US customers were affected.

Makes me want to take up Canadian Citizenship.

Also, there is another company that I posted before that is Just Like REFCOCA, but they to will not accept US customers.

So basically, if you are a US Citizen, you have to go without being insured, and your only reliance in that the dealer you are dealing with cares about the small fines that CFTC or NFA might levy against them.

#12     Jan 10, 2006
  3. Can you give more info on CME contracts, how does it work?

#13     Jan 10, 2006
  4. #14     Jan 10, 2006
  5. Chood

Chood

#15     Jan 10, 2006
  6. I highly recommend cooling off. It is very important to proceed rationally, taking things as an educational process, rather than succumbing to gambling fevers. I would also recommend that you begin to learn about trading in the stock market, not the FX market. FX is only for the sophisticated.

#16     Jan 10, 2006
  7. Testify, Chood!

#17     Jan 10, 2006
  8. thats pretty much what I figured, thank you:) :)

#18     Jan 10, 2006
  9. Yes it is true, except of Fx been for only sophisticated, I highly doubt that ! May be you wish to amplify on that point.

#19     Jan 10, 2006
  10. The stock market is a competitive auction market, regulated in many respects, so that there are many types of protection for inexperienced traders. The reason you see so much promotion of FX trading is because the regulation of FX trading is far weaker than with other types of trading. This makes it easier for FX brokers to find new customer-meat and devour it. Why was Willie Sutton said to have robbed banks? "Because that's where the money is." Inexperienced traders need to learn the basics of how competitive auction markets work, which they cannot learn by trading with most FX brokers, since most FX brokers do not offer trading in a competitive auction market. New traders should get their feet wet in the more protected and more regulated environment of the stock market. They will, in the stock market, also enjoy the protection of SIPC deposit insurance, in case the broker goes out of business. If an FX broker goes out of business (other than Interactive Brokers which does give SIPC protection), then the customer can lose all his money. Another problem with FX trading is that inexperienced traders sometimes trade so poorly, that they lose far more than their deposit, and end up with a big surprise of owing large sums to their FX broker, who can sue their customers and take their assets and garnish their wages.

#20     Jan 11, 2006