Stats on Bright Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Bluegar3, Nov 11, 2006.

1. bladouc, you are 100% correct.

#51     Nov 15, 2006
  2. mjh

mjh

How do I know that "Don Bright not an alias" is just a cover?
    How do I know that you really are Don Bright? Hmmmmmmm?
    How do I know that you aren't some impostor pretending to be Don Bright just to pump his firm Hmmmmm?
    How do I know that you're not one of the Hold bros? Hmmmm?

LOL!

#52     Nov 15, 2006
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Because you are a newbie! :)

#53     Nov 15, 2006
  4. I think it's pretty simple: most people fail at trading because they are unwilling to put in the large amount of time it generally takes to consistently make money.

I doubt Bright's training has much effect either way, as the vast majority fail independent of training.

I'd be truly surprised if more than 1% of all traders who join Bright (or any other prop firm) end up making more than 500k/year.

#54     Nov 15, 2006
  5. lescor

lescor

In my opinion you are looking at it all wrong. The guys who are good, the really good traders you all strive to be and want to know stats on, I'll tell ya something about them, cause I know a bunch of them... Trading is in their <font color="#ff0000" blood</font>. They yearn to trade, they can't get it out of their heads, they think about it day and night. They simply have to find a way to trade. If they lose all their money, they keep saving up and coming back for more. They work tirelessly, are humble, welcome criticism, ask questions with the intent to better themselves.

If a guy like that ends up in a Bright boot camp, he's there with a mission and has the odds of success on his side. However the odds are on his side irregardless because of his attitude and work ethic, not the class he's sitting in.

You're working out the odds of you being mediocre. Unless you stumble across some sort of holy grail or someone willing to hold your hand all the way, you're already sunk. You'll never make it through the tough times unless it's a true calling. And if it is, then the stats don't mean diddly.

Just my opinion of course...

#55     Nov 15, 2006
    beginner66 likes this.
  6. lescor,

I completely understand your opinion and exactly where you are coming from, but you mention you need to eat, breath, and sleep this stuff, think about it everyday, read book yada yada yada in order to be sucessful. However, if that is what it takes to become a trader who is very sucessful then great, I know the formula. My question is HOW hard is it to be like that?

Success at Staying Slim... we all know how to do it. Eat right, exercise, etc. but we all know that VERY VERY few people can stay on a workout routine and do everything necessary to be successful at this.

So with Bright Trading, so you have to eat, sleep, breath etc. trading How hard is it to stay dedicated? The answer lies in the odds of people of are sucessful traders.

And about the stats of course it matters!!!!!!!!!!!! I am investing my time, money, and loss of potential income I better get something in return. And this return is calc. in my last post.

For example, I am not going to quit the job and take up basketball for a year beacuse it won't be worth it! I'm investing 60,000 (loss of income) to train for a year to see if I can make it to the NBA and make 5,000,000 per year. Everyone knows the odds, do the math? Is this worth it NO!!!
    (from a financial standpoint)

Also to Don,
    I appreciate you posting on the message boards. I have read many of your responses and find them as a helpful insite to the world of trading.

#56     Nov 15, 2006
  7. in truth you probably will not make it. you are too concerned with the bottom line.you expect results on your timeline.
    i always tell people you have last long enough to learn the game so you have to figure on a full year before you even become profitable so you need enough money to pay your living expenses and still have trading capital. if you make the first year then plan on average wages the second year. if you last 2 years by the third year you may start to make real money. some do it quicker but most never make it but a mentor or good school will improve your odds greatly.

#57     Nov 15, 2006
  8. good thinking there.

#58     Nov 15, 2006
  9. well at least that's a more honest way to phrase things.

i'm not surprised you got PM's thanks to this thread. the suckers never die, they'll always keep coming, your business is more than safe no matter how much you get dissed. i'm sure you know that. i'd open a prop firm myself if i had the resources to do it. surely enough it will earn me a place in hell, but hey, i'll be dead anyway when i get there :D

#59     Nov 15, 2006
  10. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I can understand the original poster wants to collect all the fact before he can make decision to invest his time & money.

If most are losing money, there is not much hope for most! Trader education service always try to give the impression in their free sales pitch that it is very easy to learn trading & be profitable. Until you get hooked, then they tell u that it'd take at least 4 years & many trainings (they sell u more trainings & u spend more $$$) if u have whatever it takes. At later date they may even tell u the fact: most can not make it:( In the process the training service & brokers are making $$$.

#60     Nov 15, 2006