Stats on Bright Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Bluegar3, Nov 11, 2006.

1. lescor

lescor

Seriously, Don has answered that question here before. I think it was something like 50% are around after a year and 50% of those are around after two years.

Try the search function. Or wait for Don's radar to sense this thread and he'll be here in a jiffy.

#11     Nov 11, 2006
  2. it just get tiring to see and endless stream of clueless newbies keep asking the same questions over and over in a smart assed way.

#12     Nov 11, 2006
  3. Drew07

Drew07

Did I ask the question vhen?

#13     Nov 11, 2006
  4. with all due respect to the BT business model and top traders
    there

would not the number of successful traders be higher at
    a place that is more selective in choosing whom can trade with them ?

( i.e. goldman sachs or a top HF ) ?

#14     Nov 11, 2006
  5. Hard to believe. And you are clearly a shill for Mr. Bright.

We are talking about 100 wee mooks at Boot Camp.
    We are talking about people with no qualifications other than The Fee.
    I meet wannabe traders all the time... and 90% of them are confused dreamers beyond hope.

I would guess, imo:

10-20 max are still trading after 6 months...
    Perhaps 50% of those are profitable...
    And maybe 5 are making a good living.

Perhaps 2-3 will go on to make $100,000/year on a regular basis...
    Doing it for one year is meaningless...
    And those 2-3 would have done it with or without the Brights eventually.

If the numbers were higher... and any idiot could do it...
    Then the whole operation could just be automated...
    And the Brights would be secretive billion dollar Juggernaut...
    Instead of beating the ET bushes for prospects.

And, BTW, Mr. Bright makes a nice profit on each and every fine little mookster.

#15     Nov 12, 2006
  6. I would also agree with those who say use the search function as Don has answered this a few times before. I do remember the 50% after 1 year, and 50% of those at year 2. You make the assumption it seems that this implies they are making millions, yet that wasn't stated, just that they are around still. Perhaps 2-3 as you suggest make $100,000 plus, a few others enough to make a living, and others that are at break even and of course those that continue to throw more money at losing. From what I have read in Don's posts he is pretty clear on most questions and I haven't ever seen a post that even implied everyone who takes the training will make a fortune. I don't know the numbers at Bright, but they seem to have survived while others have failed or been bought out. How they do it I don't know for sure, but they must provide something of value to somebody or it would be reasonable to guess they would be missing paydays, and all that other good stuff posted about various other firms and their branches.

#16     Nov 12, 2006
  7. yeah, lescor's stats seem waay too high, but keep in mind the those how join a prop firm have much better odds than a retail wannabe that is not well capitalized and has to spend endless hour tryin' figure out a few egdes on his own when the odds it's likely it may never happen.

#17     Nov 12, 2006
  8. Errr... not sure about those numbers, but I seriously doubt that lescor's a Bright shill.

#18     Nov 12, 2006
  9. lescor

lescor

You're calling me a shill for Bright? LOL! Get your head out of your ass man. I am reiterating what I recall the man saying for the benefit of the dumb asses who don't want to use the search function. They're not my stats and not my words, just trying to contribute to the discussion. I've never traded at Bright, fyi.

#19     Nov 12, 2006
  10. tdoc

tdoc

Show some class man. The search function would also provide you evidence that Lescor is no shill for Bright. The guy has been making quality posts on this forum for 5 years.
    As for Don Bright, he is a PAID sponsor of this site and keeps it free for you and I. Although he never passes up an opportunity to promote his firm in a positive way, he also provides a lot of helpful information which appears to be truly informative and educational. I have never traded with Bright Trading. I actually trade with one of their largest competitors.

Sincerely,

Politeness-man

tdoc

#20     Nov 14, 2006