Stats for successful trader in prop ?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Frenchy, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Please Jackbyrd,

Lay off my nuts.

You are following me around like a groupie.

I bet you have my nick posted on your wall with all my quotes underneath.

Lets just stop worshiping coolweb ok?

Deal.

#11     Dec 12, 2005
  2. I'm just giving prop traders the benefit of the doubt , since they are actually doing it "professionally" :)

So the number is much lower?

Few months ago Steve T. Mentioned half the traders in his jersey city firm was making $10k+ a month or something. Must be the most successful prop firm on the east coast :D

#12     Dec 12, 2005
  3. Urkel

Urkel

Say if a prop shop hires 10 traders it is expected that 1-3 will become successful traders.
    1 "star" trader 1mm+
    1-2 average to good traders100k+

the rest are expected to either get fired or quit within their first year and a half.

If you are interviewing at a prop firm find out the success rate of their traders as well as retention rate( traders who stay with the firm more than a year).

#13     Dec 12, 2005
  4. Certainly not half but there are a bunch (at least 9-10 guys out of 40 in my group) making between 100k-300k a year. So averaged out, thats 10K+ a month. But thats only in my specific group. There are a bunch of others group within my firm and I dont know how well they do. I do know of at least 2 guys in my office that are up somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 mil for the year but thats extremely rare. I am sure the majority of the guys arent making any real $$.

#14     Dec 12, 2005
  5. where? at hold bro? i checked that joint out a few yrs ago, ... looked like an arcade... really packed.

#15     Dec 12, 2005
  6. Yeah. I work for group within Hold though (cant say the name here though, ET policy). I dont know what kind of money the avg guy in Hold makes.
    Its not really that crowded, maybe it was moreso a few years ago but I feel like the trading floor is pretty comfortable. They also opened up a midtown manhattan office recently so some guys went there (Im in the Jersey City location).

#16     Dec 12, 2005
  7. 25% make 5-10 k. boy you're in a dream world

#17     Dec 12, 2005
  8. Dogfish

Dogfish

I'd say that was a fair stat for our office (trading futures)

At the extreme the big boys will play with 2000 contracts a time for trades lasting a matter of minutes or seconds. The top guys in various london company prop shops can consistently make £100k a month after costs - but that's pretty special.

#18     Dec 13, 2005
  9. BudFoxx

BudFoxx

100k a month? on what kind of capital?

#19     Dec 13, 2005
  10. Frenchy

Frenchy

i can t find don s stats ??

#20     Dec 13, 2005