Statistics - Smart, educated states are democratic, dumb states are not

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dddooo, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Pabst

Pabst

Resinate and me were "terminated" simultaniously. Are you implying that Res's views were a factor? Hardly.

#51     Jun 20, 2006
  2. LOL, Screw the poor is "the right value" they vote for and of course the elimination (stagnation) of the mimimum wage will most certainly lead to prosperity. Do you really think Jesus would be a bush voting, Limbaugh listening conservative republican, did it ever cross your mind that he was a bleeding heart liberal?

#52     Jun 20, 2006
  3. Huh? When did I suggest a correlation between the reasons for res' termination and yours??

Yikes...having a rough day, Pabst? That was three grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors in what, 16 words?

I won't suggest a connection between this post of yours (inasmuch as it suggests an inability to parse meaning from standard written English and to compose a grammatically correct sentence in English), your wacko right-wing views and your intelligence...but I want to. :)

#53     Jun 20, 2006
  4. Pabst

Pabst

LOl. I have a hard time trading and typing at the same time. Too much multi-tasking.......

#54     Jun 20, 2006
  5. Lol... well, man, I'm sorry but...

1) using 'Resinate and me' is not a keypunch error

2) 'simultaniously' is not a keypunch error, since the 'e' is nowhere near the 'i' on the QWERTY keyboard... or perhaps you're using another format?

3) using 'res's' to indicate the possessive form of a proper noun is not a keypunch error. It is a conceptual error.

I notice you ignored my question about when I suggested a correlation between res' termination and yours... that's probably because I never suggested such a thing, right?

Now, back to the subject of this thread - the relative intelligence of those on the right and those on the left.

(C'mon now... you have to admit that this exchange was fairly amusing, given the subject of the thread, no? :))

#55     Jun 20, 2006
  6. How much of all the poverty the Democrats have been at "war" with for 40 years would be eliminated if the poor acted responsibly? Things like stay in school, don't have kids out of wedlock, don't commit crimes and go to prison and stay away from drugs? Instead, liberals took the view that the rest of us had no business preaching to the poor and that it was somehow terribly unfair to be judgmental about their conduct.

#56     Jun 20, 2006
  7. Well, life would be wonderful if everyone was perfect, virtuous, responsible etc, wouldn't it? Unfortunately we're all human, even the best of us (like Rush Limbaugh) may turn out to be drug-addicts. When someone makes a mistake he gets an "it's your own fault, I told you so and it's not my problem " lecture from a conservative, he gets a helping hand from a liberal. It's not that conservatives have to help of course but their claims of being the true followers of Jesus and the true party of chrisian values (as opposed to those godless liberals) are a tad exaggerated.

#57     Jun 20, 2006

8. Geez...give the guy a break. You know how many bad spelling and grammar errors exist on this forum? Who are you, the site's "Grammarian"?

[​IMG]

#58     Jun 20, 2006
  9. You're missing my point.

I was following up on what fhl wrote: " ...Conservative christians believe that if you vote the right values, prosperity follows, not a bribe from the gov't. And we definitely don't believe the truth to be "bitter". The truth is amazingly sweet."

The only bitter truth is that financial stability is a byproduct of living responsibly. Of course there are people who suffer unfortunate events and no one objects to the givernment being a helping hand of last resort for them. But the entire welfare culture the Democrats created has been premised on the idea that we have no right to stigmatize irresponsible conduct. So we end up with the ridiculous system where we subsidize and hence encourage the very things that keep people in poverty.

Liberals call this compassion and act like conservatives want to see people suffer.

#59     Jun 20, 2006
  10. Ironically, this is contradicted by the very quotation that began this thread on the college education of liberal/conservative states (see page one)

To be able to get a college degree, one must first be able to as you say "stay in school." And yet you say that liberals "instead took" another view.

No, they did not. If they had, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Washington, D.C., and other liberal states (of course, D.C. is not a state) would not have so many college graduates.

#60     Jun 20, 2006