Statistics - Smart, educated states are democratic, dumb states are not

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dddooo, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Assassinated fetus?

LMAO....

Your regressive nature is showing again...

#31     Jun 18, 2006
  2. Pabst

Pabst

#32     Jun 18, 2006
  3. #33     Jun 18, 2006
  4. This thread reminds me of William F. Buckley's observation that he would prefer to be governed by the first 100 names in the Boston phone book than the Harvard faculty.

No doubt Larry Summers would concur.

#34     Jun 18, 2006
  5. ZZzz, you want to talk about "regressives", how about "regressing" to the age of the Inquisition?

It is scientifically well substantiated that men and women differ in mathematical ability. Despite this, Summers' mere suggestion that there might be a difference was enough to bring down the wrath of the entire liberal establishment on him. Liberalism's imperviousness to facts that refute its mythology is a throwback to an earlier era; it's hardly "progressive".

#35     Jun 20, 2006
  6. I'm conservative, Republican, and from New Jersey.

Three types of lies:

Lies, damned lies, statistics.

I also remember dddooo showing me statistics about Russian alcoholism in which he referred to a poll that was taken in Russia showing how Russians said they were alcoholics. They also said they were hobbits, elves, and other mythical creatures too.

#36     Jun 20, 2006
  7. That statistics was Russian census - extremely reliable,scientific and accurate russian research. Its findings were confirmed by multiple polls and surveys which I also provided. Any statictisian/scientist would tell you that a small amount of aberrant data is expected in any serious statistical analysis and does not invalidate the research or diminish its accuracy so your obsession with 200 hobbits and elves among 150 mln russians is absurd and only demonstrates your ignorance, which takes us to the next statement you made.

that confirms the thesis of this thread - dumb, uneducated, ignorant people tend to be conservative republicans.

#37     Jun 20, 2006
  8. Nice save, dddooo! The original post had only 'dumb people tend to be...' Boy I would have smoked you on that one!

(Actually, I still could: by any objective measure, American blacks and hispanics are dumber, less educated and more ignorant than the American average, yet they are overwhelmingly Democrats.)

#38     Jun 20, 2006
  9. Actually, you've proven yourself time and time again on these forums to be nothing but a complete wacko - partisanship aside. Though Republican, I hate bush. Though conservative, I find myself in agreement with many of the things some of you "lefties" claim on these forums. I just don't believe in all of it. I can think for myself, and make my own decisions. I'm not brainwashed one way or the other. Like yourself.

And anyone who lived in Russia (we're talking about me, not you here) would tell you (and DID tell you) that there is no such thing as an accurate Russian consensus. Ever.

But that's fine, every time you throw out statistics, I sit back and get a giggle. I'm sure many of us do!

Tell me, when are you, Libertad, South America, King Cobra and ZZzzz going to get your own talk show?

[​IMG]

#39     Jun 20, 2006
  10. True. There are certainly other factors involved besides intelligence and education, when people vote based on racial preferences/priorities other criteria (like education) become superfluous. To rephrase what I said "with all the rest equal, dumb, uneducated, ignorant people tend to be conservative republicans". :)

PS That btw does not mean that conservative republicans are stupid but that stupid people are conservative republicans. :)

#40     Jun 20, 2006