Statistics class today : Am I correct or is my teacher?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Algo_Design_Kid, Aug 23, 2011.

1. drugabuse.gov?

lol - that's all I gotta say.

#31     Sep 2, 2011
  2. wildchild

wildchild

Of course the government has always been completely honest about marijuana and has never put out full-blown lies about its use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaGuardia_Commission

"The La Guardia Committee was the first in depth study into the effects of smoking marijuana. It systematically contradicted claims made by the U.S. Treasury Department that smoking marijuana results in insanity, deteriorates physical and mental health, assists in criminal behavior and juvenile delinquency, is physically addictive, and is a "gateway" drug to more dangerous drugs.

The report was prepared by the New York Academy of Medicine, on behalf of a commission appointed in 1939 by New York Mayor Fiorello La Guardia who was a strong opponent of the 1937 Marijuana Tax Act . Released in 1944, the report infuriated Harry Anslinger who was campaigning against marijuana and he condemned it as unscientific. [1] Anslinger went on an offensive against what he saw as a "degenerate Hollywood" that was promoting marijuana use.

After high profile arrests of actors like Robert Mitchum, Hollywood gave Anslinger full control over the script of any film that mentioned marijuana."

#32     Sep 2, 2011
  3. Everyone has tried weed. However, most people are smart enough to not abuse it. Seek professional help like rehab, or be like Amy Winehouse who said to no to rehab and died young.

Also, maybe you should not post about all your illegal drug taking. Don't you think the cops can't find you in Parrish, Florida? Or is the weed not making you paranoid?

#33     Sep 2, 2011
  4. I guess if the police feel so compelled.

Everyone has tried weed? Doubtful.

I am sure you are a great guy and all but seriously.. Abusing weed? Is that even possible? Well, maybe according to drugabuse.GOV it is. That link still has me laughing a bit, no offense.

I guess I should work on my paranoia levels.

Good talk, Russ.

#34     Sep 3, 2011
  5. wildchild

wildchild

I don't care how much weed you smoke. Weed is not what caused Amy Winehouse to die.

#35     Sep 5, 2011
  6. If the purpose was to estimate the % blue and white crystals in the total population from the samples, you can play with these calculators to see how accuracy increases as sample sizes get larger.
    http://www.gifted.uconn.edu/siegle/research/Samples/samplecalculator.htm

#36     Sep 7, 2011
  7. You need professional help like rehab to get off of Hershey's Kool-Aid.

#37     Sep 8, 2011