statistician cracks Ontario lottery scratch tickets

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by billyjoerob, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Not a bad idea. :) Perhaps they'll be able to get us out of this slump.

#12     Feb 5, 2011
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Some history buff:

Mathematicians built the A-bomb.

Actually they were physicists mostly.

A good observation:

The fallacy is that you can examine a bulk number of tickets and then return the unused, keeping the winners,

This is key. Unless you have unpaid access to observe the tickets and pick winners, the whole system doesn't work.

I guess a willing retailer who let's him check the batches of tickets would work. A relative or friend.

#13     Feb 5, 2011
  3. Mohan Srivastava, a geological statistician living in Toronto, realized that the logic he used to find gold deposits could also crack lottery cards.

he is far far smarter than you mutts a superior human..get over it.

oh and keep scrounging loosers LOL

#14     Feb 5, 2011
  4. i love it when these lottery scoundrels are beat at their own game.

#15     Feb 5, 2011
  5. sjfan

sjfan

Christ... you aren't too bright are you? You seem to miss the part that really makes him smarter than you: after he figured out the pattern, he calculated the potential return on his time for doing this, figured out it wasn't worth it, and walked away.

Only if most of you folks figured that out, you wouldn't be 'trading' single lots of futures eeking out at best minimum wage pnls.

So in short, yes, he's very very smart - but not because he figured out the patterns, but because he then did further analysis and concluded that his edge is worth little.

#16     Feb 5, 2011
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

By the way I don't believe that he could have made the $600/hour continuously. Getting the batches and returning the unused ones would have been a problem.* The best bet is selling the idea to mobsters or college students and let them try to figure out how to implement it....

*Why would any lottery retailer take back let's say 500 unscrethced tickets and give the money back?? Noone is that stupid.

#17     Feb 5, 2011
  7. sjfan

sjfan

They addressed your (*) point in the article. And I think it was $600/day, not hour. In any case, your point stands: it was the maximum he could make and probably not sustainable.

#18     Feb 6, 2011
  8. BwPirt

BwPirt

This is awesome.

#19     Feb 8, 2011
  9. Completely pointless waste of human life and ability. What exactly is added to the world by figuring out how to beat a lottery?

#20     Feb 9, 2011