Statistical Advantage

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Churka, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Churka

Churka

So, I am sitting here in my statistics class more inspired than ever. My journey has led me here and I have to take my losses as a price of tuition. I learned everything I need to know to make money and it is time I put that to work.

The most important thing I have learned thus far is that trading is a skill that must be refined. Every method I tried to put into use has ultimately failed, however I was able to learn an important aspect about the market, and slowly build a subconscious database of trading knowledge. Take that for what it is worth. I found it to be invaluable to understand that with something as chaotic as the market your most important weapon is your intuition.

For anyone that decides to follow me in this journal I will be posting everything live. I will be trading options to ensure enough diversity in my small account and leverage my account up to amplify gains (and hopefully not losses).

I am going to be using a 2,000k account.

First trades:
    CXO: bought yesterday
    DLTR: bought two days ago

Good luck to everyone in their trading today :)

2. expiated

expiated

Statistical Stunts and Shenanigans...

Screenshot_1.png

I've written that I stopped thinking of trends as being represented as much by moving averages as they are by a distribution of price points constituting flowing belts having directional drift, with the location of price within the entirety of these breadths of values being just as important (when deciding exactly when and where to enter and exit positions) as is the direction that the sloping channels happen to be headed.

I also wrote that my methodology is based as much as possible on statistical analysis and mathematical probability, with the idea being to gather and evaluate precise, up-to-date, quantitative data and use it to calculate the odds of price reaching designated values within a given period of time by patterning the system's elements after the equations, wave functions and computer models used in weather forecasting.

As of late, there are certain measures that seem to be emerging as exceptionally determinant in the construction of accurate forecast models, and in order to verify (or invalidate) these would-be upstarts or "parvenus," I plan to spend a couple of days (or weeks) throwing caution to the wind and documenting trades base on an aggressive application of the corresponding numbers to watch and see whether the resulting outcomes turn out for the better or for the worse, beginning with shorting EURJPY...

EURJPYH1.png

AUDJPY plunged into bearish waters on Wednesday. If this was legit, I expect to see it turn south in the neighborhood of 100.38 (or before then). If it fails to do so, I will be forced to conclude that it is resuming its previously bullish ways.

Unless it wants to break "statistical support," I see USDCAD having a hard time dropping below 1.3658.

I'm bullish on USDCHF...

USDCHFH1.png

I also plan to buy USDJPY if I can catch a pullback.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
  3. expiated

expiated

I adjusted my EURJPY take-profit target in accordance with how far "the math" suggested I might reasonably expect to see price go and ended up being presented with about an 18-pip gain sooner than I would have thought...

Screenshot_1.png

4. maxinger

maxinger

" I am going to be using a 2,000k account. "
    OP gone?
    The $2,000k account might be zero by now.

This thread appears to be hijacked.

5. expiated

expiated

Time to go beddy-bye. So, I'm adjusting my levels to lock in my gains and calling it a night...

OANDA - MetaTrader.png

But first, the two key measures here that had been out of sync have now come into alignment. So, if they are being honest, the Aussie pairs "should" descend from these levels. Let me see if they actually do...

aussie pairs.png

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
  6. expiated

expiated

OANDA - MetaTrader.png

One day of success proves nothing!

But, for me personally, if after seven years of honing my system I arrive at two specific measures and a handful of other determinants purported to be superior at optimizing the statistical odds of trades leading to successful outcomes, and the first five positions I enter based on those measures all unfold exactly, or nearly so, as forecast, then I'm going to regard the implied strength of the related probabilities as supported by several years of observations and not merely by a single day of positive results.

Consequently, I'm satisfied with just one day of throwing caution to the wind and trading aggressively using this culminating forecast model and will therefore continue incorporating it in the exact same manner today and everyday for the foreseeable future..:thumbsup: