States Turning to Last Resorts in Budget Crisis

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jun 22, 2009.

1. The leviathon is uncontrollable at this stage. A ship with no captain, rudder or compass. Cliffs ahead and no lighthouse.

#11     Jun 22, 2009
  2. flaxion10

flaxion10

If you are going to compare our dollars spent on education compared to other countries, than you must compare the amount spent on defense compared to others. Costa Rica spends zero on defense. They have been involved in less wars and have had less people die in war compared to us. What is education without life?

#12     Jun 22, 2009
  3. and just think. without an education it will be easier for people like you to peddle your religious superstition as truth. it is very hard to convince educated kids that there is a greyhaired old man up in the sky who will get them if they dont tow the line.

#13     Jun 22, 2009
  4. Religion is created to control people. I'm sure the elites possess a lot of knowledge we are not aware about. It reminds me how people of the Egyptian civilization believed that the pharaoh made the sun rise and fall.

Religion has no business educating anyone. The church was wrong so many times... supposedly god told priests the sun revolved around the earth and not the other way around. Astronomers and people in science in general were historically ridiculed by the church. Some people (Palin) still believe the earth is only 6,000 years old. Science claims it is about 3.4 billion years I think. How ridiculous is that?

Look for clips of Jesus Camp on youtube. It's a scary and unbiased documentary of religion gone astray in the U.S. with the evangelicals. One of the messages is on creationism. The kids are completely brainwashed. It's truly sad.

#14     Jun 22, 2009
  5. BartS

BartS

Here's a list of wonderful theocracies for mr Numbmut:

-Andorra (tiny piece of land between France and Spain)
    -Central Tibetan Administration (LMFAO)
    -Islamic republic of Iran (great country - hey it's religious)
    -Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
    -Vatican City
    -Israel (another pretty country - nothing but problems)

I guess mr Numbnut wants the US to join the list.
    WHY?

Because all powerful theocracies are imperialistic by nature: Ancient Rome is a prime example.It fell apart.

I do get what pushes religious people into pushing religion: god is good, love one another etc...With all people being equal this might work.What he does still not understand (lack of education?) is that religion has always been a tool of control.People have been massacred over religious belief, still to this day and age...Oh wait - the religious belief is usually the cover for doing something otherwise morally wrong...

So our buddy GW Bush says he had a vision - and he was told to invade iraq - you're Christian and believe in god - that was OK.
    Now when a plane of islamic fanatics crashed into the WTC because their god said it's right then it's OK too - you're religious right?

2726 deaths in NYC.Civilians.
    50 times as many Iraqui civilians since GW had his vision.

One could argue this is in the name of the religion - I think we know better than that - and anyone that says terrorists or freedom....can go back to class with numbnut.....

Peace...

#15     Jun 23, 2009
  6. 1. cut the war budget.
    2. independent audit of the private Federal Reserve Banks

#16     Jun 23, 2009
  7. Cut salaries of gov't workers. I cannot believe how much gov't employees make. Teacher salaries are especially outrageous. $100K and up for a 9 month work year in my school district. Throw in ridiculous benefits and retirement packages and its even worse.

#17     Jun 23, 2009
  8. For the first time in American history the avg govt/state worker earns more in pay and comp than the avg person in the private sector. Those who create nothing make more than those who create.

Long term economic disaster is unfolding before us. Forget the last 12-15 months...thats small time.

Get out of debt, own tangible assets and strap in.

#18     Jun 23, 2009
  9. Spot on! Without MAJOR overhaul in USA, we are doomed... :mad:

#19     Jun 23, 2009