state taxes very high in Cal, NJ, NY-why

Discussion in 'Economics' started by riddler, May 29, 2011.

1. I got out of New York and I am glad I did. I could only listen to the nonsense coming out of Albany and the local county governments for so long. The taxes are high because people tolerate it. The sweatheart deals that got written during the manufacturing boom time can't be funded. The place will be run into the ground. A news brief came out recently about a new V-8 engine line that will be using robots mainly. The last time I checked robots don't pay taxes.
    If the local governments dont's bow down to industry then industry will pick up put the equipment on a flatbed and relocate the machinery. Another grand plan was to have a Bass pro shop in the middle of the city that never was built. Over and over again it happens big promises and projects that never get started. They money well is running dry from the Fed and there has been a quiet exodus from the New York. They lost 2 congressional seats during the last census. What it is says is people who want to work are leaving.
    Concerning CA and NJ there is probbaly a similar story.

Akuma

#11     May 30, 2011
  2. Any of you watched Gangland? Seems that gang-infested areas brings the social ills that contribute to higher taxes. A number of cities in California suffer from gang problems.

#12     May 30, 2011
  3. Perhaps gangs should be treated the same as a country that invades the US. The army is sworn to protect the USA from all enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC. I would say that gangs are a domestic threat to the USA and should be dealt with harshy and swiftly.

#13     May 30, 2011
  4. Eight

Eight

Welfare is the cause. Welfare doesn't pay enough and it leaves people with lots of time on their hands.. welfare communities subsidize their income with crime... match up welfare and crime on a map and the correlation is obvious, it's up to the observer to make the proper assessment of what is cause and what is effect...

The old Highway 40 [was it 40? Not real sure about that, they have rearranged the highway system a few times since I was a kid] goes through some southwestern states that don't pay much welfare so people migrate ever westward until it dumps them off in California where they can get some good benefits... I knew Bikers from "San Berdoo", they came from lower middle class families it seemed, San Berdoo is the starting point for lots of gangs, I recall the Galloping Goose bunch, the Devil's Disciples seemed to have a lot of people in that area... nowadays there is a Club or two that seem to be big in Riverside/San Berdanio Valleys... Vagos comes to mind... they used to ride up to the Antelope Valley and hang out at a Burger place that was my second home... not a bad bunch, not to me at least...

I remember those super long forked bikes that were the trademark of the Galloping Gooses it seemed.. It took some skills to ride one of those. I wish I had the video, a few of those guys leaving a gas station on a Saturday night in Van Nuys... the skill level required to get going from stopped was more like the level of a Unicycle or something, hard left, hard right, softer left and finally the bike reached the minimum speed for going straight ahead but the gas station exit had to be negotiated and the parked cars....roaring bikes, one after the other, almost running into each other while falling over, but never quite... they were out of there with very much fanfare and noise and smoke and "no bullshit" attitude... gas it up to 75mph and relax it and "maintain" at 35... the head gazook looked like a Meth head that needed to put on a little weight but he could handle that bike.. it reminded me that his skills with a pistol would be world class if he could shoot as well as he rode... funny how my personality can change around people like that, no joking with anybody I don't really know :)

I remember picking up a local paper and a guy I knew was second section front page news, he blew somebody away with a sawed off and promptly got arrested, along with his two hookers that walked ten paces behind him everywhere he went... talk about lower middle class...

#14     May 30, 2011
  5. riddler

riddler

children born out of wedlock= welfare=crime-high taxes. all colors and religions have this problem but it is so MUCH MORE common with the blacks..if blacks stop having babies at young ages, with different men, and get married before they make a responsible decision to have kids, our taxes would eventually go down big time.

#15     May 30, 2011
  6. You got it wrong chimps! This system was created by the filthy rich, how come they don't complain, they want things this way.they all milking the US government , one hand washes the other, as long as the US dollar is the number one currency in the world. Money that goes to blacks, goes back to the system.

#16     May 30, 2011
  7. the1

the1

It seems your number is a tad bit off. According to CNN 72% of black children are born out of wedlock. And I agree with your earlier point. Teachers can do only so much to education their students. The rest of the responsibility falls squarely on the shoulders of the parent. It's the parents who are failing the children, unfortunately.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/04/08/out.of.wedlock.births/index.html

#17     May 30, 2011
  8. It is the human instinct to survive. With or without welfare these people are going to live. How happy they will be is a different matter. Where they will steal food from is yet another.

#18     May 31, 2011
  9. And here is another matter. If school does not work for these children (I assume we all agree that it does not work) Why force it?? There are a million things these children could be doing besides school and some might be mildly profitable.

Forcing school on kids that don't benefit from it is, IMO, the perfect recipe to enlist adults into welfare.

The kids don't have stable families? The only solid things in life for them are the government mandated schooling and government issued welfare checks.

#19     May 31, 2011
  10. Mayhem

Mayhem

Yeah, but I would be a lot less entertained:

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TEP-j-IqqQg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TEP-j-IqqQg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

#20     Jun 1, 2011