State of the Union Address

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Jan 20, 2004.

1. I found his speech moving and inspiring. It is such a relief to finally hear words to unite us rather than divide. George W. Bush will go down as one of the greatest leaders of our time.

#11     Jan 21, 2004
  2. YYNOTT

YYNOTT

I like what Bush has accomplished, but I do believe he is going to get slammed on Job Creation. Although, Wall Street has recovered working America is struggling. I used to work in the Telecom industry and all of my friends are struggling. The layoffs keep coming.

However I dont blame Bush for any of this. In fact I am not quite sure that the President can really fix that problem. Job creation is more of a Corporate endeavor.

Really Bush can only create Government Jobs and Contracts for Private companies.

#12     Jan 21, 2004
  3. Dry sense of humor you've got. You ARE joking, aren't you?!!

m

#13     Jan 21, 2004
  4. Yes...things like setting US foreign policy back about 200 years; aiding and abetting the corporate attack on environmental protections, eroding civil liberties, weakening food and drug protections, enacting tax cuts for the rich while spending like a mad man and enlarging the federal government.

That's the short list. What a great prez.

m

#14     Jan 21, 2004